Sign in to follow this  
Guest mineroller

OK..WHAT THE HECK is wrong with my A320?

Guest mineroller

For some reason everyone seems to be enjoying their A320..But me, everything is going wrong.I have NO clue what the heck is wrong..i just want to fly my plane!!Here are my setup in order.P4 2.8Ghz with GeForce 5700 256mb.1. I just installed fresh windows XP, service pack 2.2. Installed FS2004.3. Downloaded the new base installer and got the A320 installed all and well.4. Applied the flicker patch thingy.5. Installed the FS 9.1 update.6. Installed FSUIPC 3.47. I go to FS, start with Cessna, load the A320 after.Here's what happens to my dear airbus.BTW i have been using airbus since FS2002 time so i am familiar with setup and all that.1. The mouse doesn't flicker all right, but flickers like crazy whenever it's over a clickable area. and it doesn't stay as a click hand icon..it flickers like mad from a normal arrow to a click hand over any clickable area.2. Autopilot controls respond VERY SLOWLY. Like, i push the speed knob, and it would go in after 2 seconds. Does not correctly respond to a click too. all the autopilot buttons are like that it's almost unusable.3. I start from cold&dark, and APU gauge starts up VERY strangely. the FLAP OPEN sign does not light when it's supposed to, and when APU starts the gauge responds extremely slowly. APU itself seems to work fine. (things like FMC and engine gauges operate smooothly)4. Sometimes the Takeoff checklist (TO CONFIG) would disappear. how is this possible?5. The engine startup switches also respond very slowly.6. After somehow managing to get the FMC set up and ready to fly, when I engage FLX autothrottle to take off, it takes a good 10 SECONDS before the throttle kicks in. This time, the throttle actually starts up and goes up to about 30% N1 and stays for 10 seconds or so. plane moves forward slowly. Then suddenly 100% N1 kicks in and plans jumps forward.7. It doesn't end there. As it was taking off just now it engaged autobrake while holding FLX max throttle!!8. when plane somehow lifts up about 500 feet or so it would plunge down into ground for absolutely no reason, or when i engage autopilot it just drives plane like a mad drunk driver. 45 degrees up pitch, A-FLOOR kicking in, then suddenly plunging down, and whatever. Even without autopilot, the plane does crazy things itself and i can't even control it manually.OK..what am i missing here?I dearly miss the FS2002 days when I could fly A320 a whole day long without any hitch, enjoying perfect takeoff and land...Maybe i am missing some extremely simple stuff. I have no idea.Somebody please help a poor little guy.

Guest nachote

I have EXACTLY the same problem. I used to fly the A320 wiyh no problems, but recently I have upgraded my computer, reinstalled Windows XP Pro, Fs9, Airbus A3XX and.....It has gone completely mad.My Specs:Asus P800E Deluxe MbIntel P4 3.0 Ghz1 Gb Ram ATI Radeon 9600 ProAny hint? Any one?Regards

Guest grohmann

I also have problems with all the PSS products for FS 2004 (A320, A330 and A340). When I disengage ILS before tocu down, plane fulfills crazy things. The entire elevator moves to an unrealistic down position (down more than 8.0), the plane hits the ground in a nose down position.What I also experienced: sound switches off after some time in flight, however all systems seem to work. This though I start with a FS default plane with alternators and battery on. I also have a registered FSUIPC from Dawson and have set the battery life to indefinitely.The PSS panel itself is at least from my point of view the best on the market, mirroring the reality to a large extent,however the flight dynamics and the problems with all the other stuff do not promote the sale of this product.ChristianLOWW:(

Guest kim_2222

I had all those problems when I reinstalled the A3xx series. I managed to fix it by applying the "no flicker" panel patch that is in this forum somewhere. Now, no problems at all.Hope this helps!k

Guest acva076

Try uninstalling FS9.1 update. It seems to have issues especially with Nvidia cards. I had the same problem.Jana Kankesan

Guest Callmecapt

Don't forget the nocd patched fs9.exe file. There are some out there that are corrupted and not working properly. It's not recommended to use the nocd patch as it is a very small file, 500kb approximately and the legit fs9.exe file is 1.09 MB.ReardsGoran

Guest grohmann

I have now merged iDFG A320 and A320 aircrafts (downloaded from ifdg-homepage)with the pss A320 panel. This seem to work perfectly also with regard to,i the flight dynamics. However, still experiencing the same problem with regard to the sound: after lets say half an hour flying, it makes "click" and there is no more sound on my aircraft (no engine, cockpit, ATC, etc, sound. The systems however, including ILS approach, etc., are still working, everything is just silent. So what could be the reason.I open FS9 (upgrade 9.1 and FSUIPC 3,41 (registered version) installed))with the Beechcraft plane as default plane, with alternators and battery on. FSUIPC battery life set to indefinitely. Then I change to the PSS or iDFG Airbus both using the panel.What do I do wrong or who has experienced the same problem (sound suddenly off)Thanks for your valuable support.ChristianLOWW;)

HiJust load the A320 a second time, that normally sorts out the flickering hand thing and then all works fine.As long as the hand is doing its flickering thing, the A319-A321 are gonna do strange things.Hope this hekps you.CheersJannier>For some reason everyone seems to be enjoying their A320..>But me, everything is going wrong.>I have NO clue what the heck is wrong..i just want to fly my>plane!!>>Here are my setup in order.>>P4 2.8Ghz with GeForce 5700 256mb.>>1. I just installed fresh windows XP, service pack 2.>2. Installed FS2004.>3. Downloaded the new base installer and got the A320>installed all and well.>4. Applied the flicker patch thingy.>5. Installed the FS 9.1 update.>6. Installed FSUIPC 3.4>7. I go to FS, start with Cessna, load the A320 after.>>Here's what happens to my dear airbus.>BTW i have been using airbus since FS2002 time so i am>familiar with setup and all that.>>1. The mouse doesn't flicker all right, but flickers like>crazy whenever it's over a clickable area. and it doesn't stay>as a click hand icon..it flickers like mad from a normal arrow>to a click hand over any clickable area.>>2. Autopilot controls respond VERY SLOWLY. Like, i push the>speed knob, and it would go in after 2 seconds. Does not>correctly respond to a click too. all the autopilot buttons>are like that it's almost unusable.>>3. I start from cold&dark, and APU gauge starts up VERY>strangely. the FLAP OPEN sign does not light when it's>supposed to, and when APU starts the gauge responds extremely>slowly. APU itself seems to work fine. (things like FMC and>engine gauges operate smooothly)>>4. Sometimes the Takeoff checklist (TO CONFIG) would>disappear. how is this possible?>>5. The engine startup switches also respond very slowly.>>6. After somehow managing to get the FMC set up and ready to>fly, when I engage FLX autothrottle to take off, it takes a>good 10 SECONDS before the throttle kicks in. This time, the>throttle actually starts up and goes up to about 30% N1 and>stays for 10 seconds or so. plane moves forward slowly. Then>suddenly 100% N1 kicks in and plans jumps forward.>>7. It doesn't end there. As it was taking off just now it>engaged autobrake while holding FLX max throttle!!>>8. when plane somehow lifts up about 500 feet or so it would>plunge down into ground for absolutely no reason, or when i>engage autopilot it just drives plane like a mad drunk driver.>45 degrees up pitch, A-FLOOR kicking in, then suddenly>plunging down, and whatever. Even without autopilot, the plane>does crazy things itself and i can't even control it>manually.>>>>OK..what am i missing here?>I dearly miss the FS2002 days when I could fly A320 a whole>day long without any hitch, enjoying perfect takeoff and>land...>>>Maybe i am missing some extremely simple stuff. I have no>idea.>Somebody please help a poor little guy.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.