Sign in to follow this  
bcs112

A320 update troubles list

Hi all,I tried giving the updates A320 (fresh install) a test spin in FS2004 this week-end and on 2 occasions I was not able to finish the flight successfully.Day 11. Noticed flickering while manipulating the autopilot setting with very slow update rates of the autopilot dials (3-5 second delay).2. For the first flight I made the "mistake" of loading a flight with the A320 directly so not loading a default FS aircraft first. This resulted in the gear not retracting after take-off.3. I have had the problem in point 1 before with the A330 so I tried the solution which helps in some cases: reload the aircraft. But this only lead to all kinds of crazy stuff happening and the aircraft crashing to the ground...Day 21. Loaded a default FS aircraft first and then from within the FS menu loaded the A320 to avoid the landing gear (hydralics?) problem 2. Entered data in the FMS and got a calculated optimum flight level somewhere between FL336 and FL351 so I dialed in 350 as the cruising level3. After take-off flew manually on the FD up to FL60 and then switched on the AP. This resulted in very brutal pitch movements when the aircraft tried to intercept the commanded FD pitch. Passing FL100 the aircraft pitched down quickly in an attempt to get to 250 kts: VS down to 0fpm then when the airspeed started increasing very rapidly it pitched up again killing another 3 passengers and this happened a few times when for instance the wind changed. My impression is that the aircraft tries to capture the commanded speed much to quickly resultng in completely unrealistic behavior.4. Approaching FL335 or so the aircraft stalled suddenly resulting in a dive at full TO/GA throttle (A-floor) and speed increasing to about 700kts by the time it struck the ground, no action was possible to stop the dive from happening...Anybody else had these problems ? Am I doing something wrong here ?Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

Guest litow

Similar things are happening to me with Airbus 320. I just can't get it to fly normally. No problems with A330/340. Litow

You have to make sure your flaps are fully up before you engage the autopilot after takeoff (not realistic requirement with the real bird just this PSS version).I have the same problem you mentioned when landing. If I'm on approach and I switch off the autopilot for a manual landing, the plane becomes uncontrollable. Trim barley works and I end up nose diving into the ground.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ktg21

Hi everybody!I experienced the same problems. During T/O roll the A/T always runs the engines up and down. Then with automatic flight everything nearly works fine till reaching 6000ft/FL60. At this altitude the AC starts pitching up und down in an uncontrolable manner followed by an stall/crash. It's possible to reach cruising level by manual flight. But switching on the autopilot I have the same pitch-problems after few minutes.Volker Schwab

Hi.I don't have any of above noticed problems.I'm always taking off with Flaps 1+F and after AP engagement everything is as should be.Did you edit aircraft.cfg as is described somewhere in news group?.ByeEdin

Edin,I'll do a search for that , are you sure we already have to make changes after we intall the new version ?Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

Guest nachote

I am experiencing exactly the same issues. The AC was OK before I upgraded my computer and reinstalled everything.Very weird

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.