Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Joystick that closest resembles Airbus sidestick?

I've own the PSS A320 for over a year now but I don't have a joystick, so I can't fly it. I am interested in purchasing a joystick that resembles the real life Airbus sidestick both physically (how it looks like) and functionally (how it performs).When I browse online trying to shop for a joystick, all I find are sticks that are more geared towards shooting games or war games.Another question, is the real life A320 sidestick a 3D stick? If it's not, then I'll be looking for a simple 2D model that closely resembles the real life A320 sidestick.Thank you in advance,Kerke

Although I can't speak for it's physical similarities, I would probably recommend the CH Products Flightstick Pro (http://www.chproducts.com/retail/j_flight_pro.html) - it is ambidexterous, so unlike many of the combat sticks which are designed for a right-hander, you can put the flightstick on the left and it will handle just the same. I owned a CH Flightstick for a long time, but traded up for a CH Yoke. The flightstick was showing no signs of wearing out. The CH sticks are well known for their fluid motion and wide range of travel, allowing for unmatched precision. This works out great for handling heavies in MSFS. NO - I am not affiliated with CH. :) I just really like their stuff. If ever you take it to the next level, you can easily tie in the new CH Throttle Quad, and you'll have a great sidestick/throttle combo. I'm pretty sure the stick is 2D - the Airbus has rudder pedals. Good luck in your search!

Guest rara_bb

Hi,the real A320 is steered on the ground with a little steering wheel (which is also animated in the 3D-cockpit of the PSS version). So the sidestick is 2D. However, unless you opt for rudder pedals, I would advice you to buy a 3D-joystick, because it's still as realistic as you can have it, for taxi.I personally was always very happy with the Microsoft Force Feedback sticks, but that's probably a matter of taste.Greetings,BEn

Hello,Personnaly I use the afterburnezr2 from Thrustmaster. I have et it to work with FSUIPC, like this I have the reversers working with the stick.Also Jose Olivera has setup a little prog, addon and gauge that simulate the airbuses gates. No need to use anymore the + and - to select the gates. You just need to set it up correctly and off you go. Once you have passed a certain level with you power lever it will be set to FLEX, TOGA or CLB or IDLE and revers.Very nice, free and avaliable at flightsim.comgive it a test.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

Guest Skywalker

I totally agree on the recommendaton for the Flightstick Pro of CH-Products. I tested a number of sticks, but the one from CH-Products beats them all. The stick looks close to the real sidestick and is very reliable. If you are willing to pay more than a 1000 USD you'll certainly get very nice hardware, however, it basically does the same job. I also use the CH-Products throttle which has great features as well. They both work for left- and right- hand use. Rgds, Sam

Guest ddgomes

> I also use the>CH-Products throttle which has great features as well. They>both work for left- and right- hand use. >>Rgds, >Sam Hello all, Please can you tell me how do you put the throttle to work right handed? I also have a full CH setup but when I fly I only can be 1st. officer .... lol Regards, Daniel Gomes

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.