Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgahan

Lift_Scalar Question on the A319/A320

Hi All,There was a post sometime ago about adding lift_scalar 1.42 to the flaps 0 section in the aircraft .cfg file to improve approach attitude. My question is...if you play with this number, say drop it to 1.20 or 1.10, does that do anything to the attitude of the aircraft? Just curious, it seems with lift_scalar 1.42 under flaps 0 section I now get 2 degrees approach attitude. Isn't the 320/319 supposed to be approaching between 2.5 to 3.5 degrees?Thanks for the help!BrianKPHX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brian; Reducing the lift_scalar in the flap section will increase the pitch attitude for a given speed/descent gradient on final. The 2.5-3.5 deg nose up figure is for an on-speed flaps 3 or 4 approach established on a 3.0 deg glidepath. If the glidepath is steeper than 3.0 deg, the pitch will be lower. Speed control is also important...and remember also that computed V-Speeds are based off the acft gross weight, so if the ZFW you enter into the MCDU doesn't match what's in the aircraft.cfg, your speeds will be wrong as well.1.42 hits it pretty close to the mark for me.All that said...if the pitch seems too low, try lowering the scalar in increments of ~0.05 until it suits you!RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob,Great feedback. Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'm not sure why I seem to be getting less than 2.5 degrees established on final.BrianKPHX

Sign in to follow this