Sign in to follow this  
Guest seacat

Question for John regards upgarding to A340

Hi John,I have been flying the PSS A320 pro since over 1 year now. A great Bus to fly and a terrific job by PSS. :)I intend buying the New Bus (A330-340...). What i would wish to know is;1. Does the new Bus package have a fully functional MCDU. I mean are all the features of the mCDU active in the sense that can i programm all the relevant features.(Enter wind componets/tropo... alternate flt plan ....etc etc)2.Does the new Bus come with a weather radar?Would appreciate any inputs.Thanks,Naval.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I love ActiveSky for its weather engine, but I don't advocate using their radar for aircraft use. It looks more like a ground NEXRAD unit or one of the airborne units that displays uplinked NEXRAD data. It shows wx 360 deg around the jet, which isn't what a real wx radar does. The RealityXP WXR500 is, IMHO, hands-down the best implementation of an airborne weather radar currently available for FS. Unfortunatley, neither radar can be integrated into a Boeing or Scarebus glass cockpit ND as in the real deal.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Sign in to follow this