Sign in to follow this  
Guest bisinchi

wind issues

Hi,I got the A340-300 and got the FSUIPC that comes with it. I am using getweather to download weather online and to use it offline. I use FSUIPC to connect it to FS9 and when I do a flight with the A340 (and using the FSUIPC that get installed with the plane), I don't seem to get any wind in high altitude (I get wind info at low altitude, probably up to FL150). I'm not sure if it's an FSUIPC issue (do I need the payware version to solve the problem),or if it is an issue with the plane (don't think so), or maybe an issue with the getweather program. I just would like to experience the enroute winds (as I used to in FS2K2).If anyone has anything to offer!!Cheers,FrancoisPS: that A340 is wicked!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wuld strongly recommend getting hold of the current version of FSUIPC, version 3.40, from www.schiratti.com/dowson.html which addresses many problems, particularly the sudden wind shifts. I have the full payware version which gives full winds aloft etc, but try the other version first and see how you go.

Hi,I'll try it out to see if it solve my problem,Cheers,Francois

I'll go one further and say that the only way I've tamed the wind dragons is with FSUIPC 3.40 and Activesky 2004.5 I don't think FSUIPC by itself solves all the problems...it opens the door for AS to do a lot of smart manipulation of the wx environment.The continued improvements made by Pete and Damian have really blossomed into something good in the versions appearing over the last 4-6 weeks.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Sign in to follow this