Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xudes

What am I doing wrong?

Guest Xudes

I load and preflight my a319 as i used to in fs2k (just downloaded & installed 2k4) as soon as i activate the a/p in the climb, the aircraft proceeds into an immediate nose dive. i have the correct crz ht in the fms and imported the f/p from ms. any thoughts as to what might be happening? regards, patrick.

Guest vrandar

One crucial thing is to load a default MS aircraft first (I use the Boeing 737) then switch to the PSS Airbus. To go straight in to the Airbus will lead to problems which are caused by the some sort of coding that MS have changed in the way flights are loaded.

Guest Xudes

thanks rob,i didn't do this... will try and post result. regards.

Guest Xudes

No GO! went through the deafult 737 & still goes into immediate nose dive??? i just don't get it. any thoughts anyone?

Guest pbn

What does your FD (flight director) indicate and how are your trim. It's my experience this will rarely happen unless 1. your AP/FMS is not set right, hence check the FD to see if you have set the correct parameters.2. You might not be trimmed correctly, you should be able to let go of your controller and the plane will stay in the attitude indicated by the FDI always make this last test, Airbus or other planes, before I engage an autopilot/autoflight system. It prevents many problems.CheersPeter

Guest speight

After completing performance page in the FMGS, set the first altitude of the SID in the glareshield altitude window, then push the altitude knob once(left click). Also push the speed and heading knobs. Do these before takeoff.I believe normal practice would be to manually fly the first part of the SID-following the FD bars, then engage autopilot one after settlig onto first height restriction, but it is also OK to engage auto at 400ft AGL. Detailed info is in the manuals.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.