Sign in to follow this  
Guest vilnius nastavnik

Flight Director - ON or OFF?

Can someone give me the definative answer to this......when flying the ILS (GS and LOC active) APPR and AP's 1 & 2 engaged....should the flight director be on or off?I, personally, think the 'bus flys the GS more accurately with the FD off, BUT, is this accurate?Any suggestions or information will be welcomeMany thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94477.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I flew the A320 at United's training center in Denver last month at the AVSIM conference and flew with the FD on all the time.I made all the approach's with just managed speed and the FD bars and it flew great. JeffG

I agree 100% : FD ON while AP ON.It is actually the best way to compare AP actions with FMGC orders.You should generally fly the Airbus:- AP off - FD off - ATHR off : "raw data"- AP off - FD off - ATHR on : typically for visual app or at the end of a classic app.- AP off - FD on - ATHR on : usually called manual flight. You still fly the plane manually, but with the precision of the FMC calculations and navigation.- AP on - FD on - ATHR on : actually....most of the time.catIIIdualLFPG.

Sign in to follow this