Sign in to follow this  
Guest H2o

A330-200 behaves like F16 fighter during climb phase!

Guest H2o

Hello, and first of all I'd like to say that the new planes are very good work done by Pss - Thank you!Now, there are a few things that seem to need urgent improvement, like the rates of climb performed by A330-200 during tutorial flight CYYZ-KORD. The aircraft's weight is close to max for take-off. Nonetheless, climb rates are near 6000ft/min up to 10000 feet, and still weirder, 3000+ ft/min in the range between FL300 and FL370. This is unacceptable, because it makes the experience totally unreal!I found within the Aircraft config file the following lines, which perhaps are preventing the loading of the aircraft from being modified by data input in the loading edit facility, so the result is that the plane always has 0 load factor - I might be wrong, but I expect the PSS staff to comment on the problem. Here is the text I found in the aircraft config file:[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]//do not changereference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_number_of_stations=50So, may this be the reason that A330 climbs like a missile?Thanks in advance for any response!Sergio.

Guest speight

Until I discovered the following, I was climbing at 28deg nose up-6000ft a min. Now I seem to get nice smooth climbouts with my SCARE-BUSSES.How Does He Do It?:Well, Firstly, I load the aircaft with full or nearly full pax and put in 50 or 60lb baggage for each one. Stick some cargo in, keeping an eye on the max fuel weight bearing in mind distance to dest and alternate plus 30min holding and a bit more.Using the performance tables, work out the right V-speeds and load them into the fmgs, (The right click auto calculations are quite a bit out). I use that new thing somewhere else on these pages to calculate the correct settings, it works very well indeed-"TOMAFLEX" (The author is Jana I think). It's freeware too! That will give you about the right figures-not exact, but not far off.If I have two miles of the black stuff in front, like Heathrow for instance, I set the flex temp even lower,(not lower than OAT) just to 1 or 2 deg above the outside air temp then my N1 sets lower than the usual 97% at around 87% which gives initial climb rate (after Take-Off and up to flap acceleration altitude 1500agl) of around 2500-3500fpm,(flaps 3,-V2+10). She levels off at first restriction, then at the end of the SID a nice steady climb sets in at about 3500fpm gradually easing to 1000 or 1500fpm above FL300 and around 500fpm afer FL 340.(If I just leave the default flex temp in(42deg), I usually get 6000 fpm!!!(B...... Rocket). OK, that's fine if if the runway is short and you need to get off the ground quickly, but as soon as you're Approaching 1500agl'll need to intervene and ease things down manually using the vert speed wheel to 500fpm and speed to 240kias, allowing you to clean flaps up, then set 2000fpm until first level-off in the SID such as 6000ft. Not very tidy!) The summary is that you need to set your flex the same as OAT if the length of tarmac, airport altitude and temperature allows it. Also, having a nice load on board bus will stop it doing silly things, though the DIE BY WIRE should(in RW) prevent that.(I think setting the cost index to 10 or15 may help a bit on the climb, but not too sure about that one as I have not tried it yet).It works for me, it might work for you, different systems and all that so give it a whirl and see how it goes.I hope this will help those with the rocket problem.

If you use my alternative FDE as per the link in the previous post in this thread, you can (and should) use the MCDU-computed speeds at all weights. I specifically designed these dynamics for the speed and thrust schedules programmed into the PSS MCDU, which differ from r/w data. With these dynamics you should see realistic climb rates, fuel burn, and pitch attitudes when flying with the PSS speed/thrust schedule.For reduced (flex) power takeoffs, there is a bug in the PSS MCDU. Normally you enter a flex temp that is higher than the actual OAT to drive an artificial reduction of the thrust for takeoff. The PSS MCDU has it backwards...you have to enter a flex temp that is lower than actual OAT to get the reduced thrust. A delta of 20-30 deg C is a good typical flex adjustment. Real-world computation of the flex number is more complex than this, but 20 deg C is a good rule of thumb in simland...use 30 or even 40 if you're really light.I use a cost index of 50 nearly all the time.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.