Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefan Bergert

A340 no green altitude arc

Hi!When starting a descent with the PSS A340 with V/S or OP DES (so not in managed mode) there is no way to see where I will reach the altitude set in the FCU?!? In a Boeing you have a green circle which will show you...does the real world A340 have this?Thanks for a reply,StefanBTW: I'm not talking about managed mode (I know there will be a symbols along the route display)...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,this is something that interest me too! I used to fly Boeingand I'm learing to fly the PSSA340-300 in these days.Thanks for any reply!Constantin

in the real plane (as for 318-319-320-321 and 330) and in any case (des - op des - v/s or fpa), you will see the same "arrow" along your fpl route (if nav mode) or your track (if hdg or track mode).This arrow effectively shows you where you will reach the altitude.It's the Airbus equivalent of the Boeing green arc.It's not reproduced in PSS340.Hope this answers your question...catIIIdual.LFPG.

indeed, thank you very much - so they have a (in my opinion not really better) equivalent of the green arc. BTW: There is also a green dashed arc sometimes visible...this is the arc showing the min. req. distance to land when the aircraft is on it's descent.Thanks again,Stefan

you are totally right. This "Airbus green dashed arc" is visible with the "selected" lateral nav modes only( HDG or TRACK).catIIIdualLFPG.

Sign in to follow this