Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gregory J. Fantino

A340/330 Approach & Landing Modes

I am an avid FS enthusiast and have thoroughly enjoyed the PSS A340/330 add on to MSFS 2004 save and except the captioned feature which in my opinion is problematic.How does one effectively capture the ILS frequency for purposes of completing an approach - (auto)land procedure under fully managed flight conditions (i.e. autopilot A&B engaged)?I have tried to manually tune the NAV radios located in the MCDU however, ILS/FREQ will not set. In addition, I understand that the NAV radios have autotune capabilities but this feature only works if I do not manual enter any frequencies throughout the course of my flight.Lastly, why can't I resolve this problem by tuning the NAV radios located in the central pedestal window?Please note that this has nothing to do with improper start up as I am fully aware of the required default flight selection protocol for add on aircraft.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.GF.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sure you are doing this but you must make sure that in the flight plan you have specified the runway you are landing at. To do this left LSK from the arrival airport and select your runway and the appropriate STAR. You should then find that the relevant ILS is shown on the RAD NAV page.

Sign in to follow this