Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gremlin

A340 - Problem with computed speeds in MCDU

Guest Gremlin

Hi,First congrats to PSS on A340 Professional, the finest product I've seen to date.An issue ius tempering my enjoyment of the product. Following the tutorials I do an INIT with the ZFW and BLOCK values computed in the load and fuel editors. These correspond with what is given in the tutorials. However when I enter them and do a PERF the computed speeds are waaaay over what is given in the tutorials. The result is my O,S,F speeds are way too high and the A340 just ploughs into the runway on landing. Very upsetting after a long flight from Miami to KJFK. Even V1,V2 and VR are way above what the tutorial say they should be. AM I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?I am running A340 Professional V1.2 on MSFS 2002. Does anyone thing FS9 might solve the problem.Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light on this.Happy flying.David.

Guest carangugi

Hi David,I am also an avid PSS Airbus flyer On A319,320,330 and every so often the 340.Regarding your question:I used to have your problem now and then when I started flying the A330/340. What I found out from personal trial and error is that the ZFW and block need to be in range and most important is that when you land, your planes Weight is well in the Max allowed landing weight range.Also make sure that your spoilers are set and your Auto Brakes are set to Max.You can download the manuals for the proper landing weight on www.phoenix-simulation.co.ukSupport section and then manuals.Let me know if this helpsLaterJulian

Guest Gremlin

Hi Julian,Thanks for your reply and the link to the manuals. I guess therefore, its a question of trial and error to see what works. Thats a bit of a pity really because what I love about the product is that it allows me do do it right, the way RL pilots would and trial and error isn't really a part of what a RL airbus pilot would do (I hope!!!).Anyway If I find anymore info which might shaed anymore light I'll be sure to post it here.Happy Flying:)David.

Guest Gremlin

Thanks Merchant,Actually I discovered this the other night and it is exactly the problem. The International Setting in MSFS was Metric(Altimiter Feet) and the units from the tutorial were in pounds. I prefer to keep things metric so I just keep my little calculator handy and divide by 2.2:)Thanks for yuor inputHappy Flying,David.

Guest mikado

Do you enter the same amount of fuel into FS2002? The FOB on the upper ECAM should agree with what you enter into your MCDU (Block). If you don't change it you could be on full tanks.Hope this helpsTony

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.