Sign in to follow this  
Guest acva076

PSS A320 Takeoff Maximums & Flex Calculation Tool

Guest acva076

Fellow Simmers,I kindly request that all avid PSS A320 pilots test the spreadsheet out and respond with comments. Follow the link below and download the excel file. I guess I can say that the spreadsheet is still in BETA form.Link to download Calculator:http://ca.geocities.com/jkankesan@rogers.com----------------My name is Jana. I have been looking for a software program that will enable me to realistically calculate max takeoff weights and flex takeoffs, but to no avail. So, I decided to make my own. The experience has been simply fascinating.Using simple knowledge of basic physics, I made an excel file programmed to do takeoff calculations, NOT to match the real aircraft, but rather to match the performance of your PSS A320 in FS2004. As a result, the calculator cannot be applied to the A319 or 321, as of yet, or for that matter, any other A320 versions out there. It will probably be highly inaccurate if you even tried. I have stuck to PSS A320 for the longest while, because I am just so used to the virtual cockpit it provides. Unfortunately, other A320s in the Flight Sim market do not model VCs. Having said that, I do like to note that, depending on the success of this spreadsheet, the idea to make similar calculators for the PSS A319, A321 and even the A330/340 series in future is very plausible.The spreadsheet was developed by the following exercises:(i) Spent countless hours performing takeoff runs with PSS A320 in FS2004, and tabulated data of V-speeds and runway distance with varying temperatures, runway lengths, airport elevations, head winds, thrust and flap settings.(ii) Data was plotted on a simple graphing program where linear relationships between each and every one of those parameters were analyzed to produce formulas.(iii) The formulas were then incorporated in a logical manner to output maximum takeoff weights, optimum speeds and flex temperatures, based on the pilot

Guest vrandar

This looks very very good and is a program I wish I had the skills/time to have written. I will certainly use it and look forward to the versions for the rest of the Airbus family. Well done.

Guest acva076

Thanx Rob,A positive comment from an individual of your calibre is certainly inviting. Feel free to use the tool at BA Virtual. What I need, is more testers and comments for improvement.I have to say that it didn't take that long before I realized I was actually acting as a test pilot. I am guessing that this inspiration was very much derived from the excellent presentation I was fortunate to partake by Capt. Frank Santoni. He showed us amazing video clips of test flights.Hopefully, with better understanding of flight characteristics, I can move on to more sophisticated calculations that will help, not just with the takeoff, but as well, the other portions of flight.Jana K

Guest mikado

Well done Jana very many thanks for a well needed and useful tool.Look forward to more.All the bestTony

Guest vrandar

I'd certainly be happy to help with testing the programme for the A319 and/or A321. Drop me an email if you'd like me to assist.

Hi JanaRealy very stunning spreadsheet you made.I have 1 request, the sheet is currently in Kilograms, can you make 1 for Pounds too?Kind RegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest acva076

>I have 1 request, the sheet is currently in Kilograms, can you>make 1 for Pounds too?Will do... Give me a day or two.Jana

Guest mikado

Great Jana I was just about to ask the same question. The one I downloaded from you is in tons.BestTony

Guest speight

It's excellent Jana, thankyou.It works for the A320, but for all the other A3xx's, I use the "TPC" program(Take-off performance calculator)which works superb, giving me flex temp, v-speeds and toga or flex thrust depending on runway length, wet or dry, airfield altitude, gross weight etc, it's very comprehensive, but easy to set up and use. My T?O and landings go much better now!Get it here:http://www.flightxpress.de/files/0604/Tools/TPC.exe

Guest acva076

Thank you Speight for access to the TPC program. It looks very nice and better still, applies to all A3XXs and.... its executable. I will definitely test it to see how well it works.In the meantime, I am continuing my development of the spreadsheet to include flexible units, and of course, more aircrafts.Ideally, I would love to transcend and create an executable software as well. On that note, any ideas what simple programming language will enable an amateur like myself to accomplish that?Thanx in advance.Regards,Jana

Guest acva076

Hi guys,I have released the next version, Ver 1.1.I now call the spreadsheet TOMAFLEX which stands for "Takeoff Maximums and Flex". You may download it at:http://ca.geocities.com/jkankesan@rogers.comBelow is a screenshot showing the modification I made to manage different units for temp, length, elevation and weights.TOMAFLEX-1.1.jpgEnjoy !!Jana Kankesan

Hi JanaThanks Excellent!!!!!!!!!If you extend this spreadsheet to include other PSS models, please let us know.ThanksKind RegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest CS-THV

yes!If you could do one for the A330 and for the A340, we would appreciate. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.