Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Longest Non-stop Flight

Guest DSN

Hello all,Can someone tell me what the longest scheduled non-stop commercial flight is (distance wise)thanks-DN

Hi DN Im not 100% on this but I would think its probably a Quantis flight.

Guest DanWalloch

Well isn't it around 16hrs non stop to Sydney from LAX.

Since the criteria was distance, I propose New York to Johannesburg at 7967 sm, versus 7489 for LAX-SYD. But I think South African only flies it nonstop one way.

ugcx_banner.png

Guest groundpounder75

The longest commercial flight is by Qantas and it is their LAX to Melbourne flight. I think it is almost 15hrs.

Guest flightpro08

Newark to Hong Kong operated by Continental has to be up at the top as well I would think. Not really sure though.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Hi,I flew from Sydney to Los Angeles (Air Canada) and it took 16 hours - I reckon that has to be one of the longest.I actually arrived in LAX 2 hours prior to leaving Sydney - strange man!!!!

i believe you're right. the Continental 777 KEWR-VHHH is the longest scheduled non-stop. it was out-done for awhile by Uniteds B744 flight from KJFK-VHH, but they dropped that flight shortly after starting it. chris

Guest tcable

Those of you that chose COA 98/99 KEWR-VHHH are correct. 777-200ER :)Tim

Guest guyjr

Are they still flying the polar route on that flight? I think it's incredible that we have the technology to safely traverse the harshest environment on earth... too bad we can't do it in FS2K2! :)

I thought I remembered from a Wings episode that it was a British Airways flight from London to Sydney lasting 18hrs.Dave PaigeFlight DynamicsFreeware Flight Group

Guest Tim W

I beg to differ, but British Airways do not fly direct London to Sydney, They have 2 flights BA9 and BA15 both make one stop on the way. Total transit time 21hrs 45 mins.RegardsTim

Guest tcable

Both BA and QF stop in Singapore between Sydney and Heathrow.The longest flights taht I know of are military, and only due to in flight refueling- Whiteman AFb to Diego Garcia via Afganistan, then nonstop back to Whiteman. Which in case anybody cares was over 40 hours of flight time for the first crew of 2- and they had to drop bombs in the middle of it!Tim