Sign in to follow this  
Guest valterg

Lost of LOC track in A320

Guest valterg

Hello:I get an unusual behavior of PSS A320.I was at the final of SBSV RNW 10, full ILS and in perfect track of the LOC and GS, full flap in autoland configuration.About 100 feet above the touchdown, the aircraft suddenly deviated to left, completely losing the LOC track, landing far away from the RNW. Somebody already had a behavior as this before? Does anyone has an idea what happened?Thank you very muchValter - Brazil

Guest seacat

Hi Valter,I am not very sure if what i am about to say is correct but.....1. In autoland mode at 100 ft you must disengage the autopilot(1 + 2), otherwise the aircraft will tend to "Go around" and / or veer to the left.Hope it is correct. I do not have the exact technical reason for this.Regards,Naval.

Guest vrandar

No that isn't correct; with both autopilots on a dual a/p autoland should take you right down to the runway.. It may be a strange thing with that particular airport so I will try it later and see if it happens to me.

Guest valterg

Hello, RobNice to hear you.Thanks for the help (again!). I got this strange behavior, but I don't know what cause it. All was perfect until few seconds before the touchdown.Doing some experiences, that is, putting the A320 just at few miles from the beginning of the ILS approach procedure and after stabilizing the aircraft, the problem did not occur again at the landing, so I thing this isn't caused by this particular airport (I did this experiences using the FS MAP feature, not flying entire flight plan).And SEACAT, please note that, if you are in AUTOLAND configuration, you MUST NOT disable the autopilots. The autoland allows the complete automatic landind, so the pilot must only retard the thrust levers at the aural warning.

Wind shear / gusts? Did you use real weather?This would also eplain, why it did not happen again, when you made the tests (e. g. FS Meteo disconnects, once you have altered the situation).Wolfgang

Guest valterg

>Wind shear / gusts? Did you use real weather?>This would also eplain, why it did not happen again, when you>made the tests (e. g. FS Meteo disconnects, once you have>altered the situation).>>WolfgangHello, WolfgangYes, I was flying with AS2004. But I didn't know that this program is able to create wind shear or 'gusts' aleatory, is it?I'll wonder to know it.Valter

Hi Valter,I'm using FSMeteo 6.4, thus I cannot say anything about AS2004.FSMeteo simulates wind changes close to ground. E. g. yesterday, I had 2 changes of wind direction and wind speed on short final into CYUL 24R. Fortunately they were not too severe, so autoland could handle them.Wolfgang

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.