Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Anybody using Lonnie Paynes' 757 panel?

you made it work...? It trashed my system.George

>you made it work...? It trashed my system. >>George I installed it manually -- I NEVER use the suppled EXE installers. But , I don't know if this caused your problem. I'm just trying to say that , after installing it by hand, it worked first-up. Trouble is , it looks like one complicated panel - and as Lonnie is a B757 First Officer, it also looks spot-on . I'm still on another steep learning curve at the moment - so I will have to put Lonnies' steep learning curve aside for a little while.

Thanks Bazza,I'll try again manually, if I remember right, it was a gauge that caused the crash, I'll come back with more info.George

All's well after following your instructions, works OK with FS navigator which has pleased me no end !George

Just a quick question.....How do you "manually" install a ".exe" file?....not the brightest bulb in the pack!gwillmot>>you made it work...? It trashed my system. >>>>George >>I installed it manually -- I NEVER use the suppled EXE >installers. But , I don't know if this caused your problem. >I'm just trying to say that , after installing it by hand, >it worked first-up. >>Trouble is , it looks like one complicated panel - and as >Lonnie is a B757 First Officer, it also looks spot-on . I'm >still on another steep learning curve at the moment - so I >will have to put Lonnies' steep learning curve aside for a >little while.

How do you manually install an "EXE" file.......LOL2 ways: 1. It will always list your FS2002 folder in the installation path. So simply change the installation path to point to another folder.2. Some will be stubborn and will only install to that folder. In that case, rename your FS2002 folder to FS2004 (you will get a warning that renaming the folder will cause some programs not to work....just click "ok" to that). Create an empty FS2002 folder. Then install the program. All files will be installed to the empty FS2002 folder. At this point you simply rename both folders, then investigate/transfer files from your new installation to the proper FS2002 folder.I used 1. to install the 757I used 2. to install Captain Sim727. I also used 2. to install the PSS airbus including all liveries..then backed up the entire folder into a zip file. That way, I dont have to download the whole thing every time I re-format my computer, or re-install FS.Hope this helps you.Lagaz.

Hey all,I was just wondering what kind of performance/frame rates you're getting with the 757 panel before I download it (will take forever on this slow 'net connection)?I have an old PII 400, which runs the PIC 767 very nicely. Just wondering if my archaic rig will be able to run the 757 package...Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest DanWalloch

I was just looking at the pictures of it in the download section and I got the blue error screen.....closed out IE.

I can appreciate you getting a chuckle out of that!...since "exe" are executable files!I should have asked how you "manually" install.You're answer was what I had in mind. I just didn't know if there was a way to "break" the .exe to determine its contents, then assign "manually".Thanks for the assistance!gwillmot>How do you manually install an "EXE" file.......LOL >>2 ways: >>1. It will always list your FS2002 folder in the >installation path. So simply change the installation path to >point to another folder. >>2. Some will be stubborn and will only install to that >folder. In that case, rename your FS2002 folder to FS2004 >(you will get a warning that renaming the folder will cause >some programs not to work....just click "ok" to that). >Create an empty FS2002 folder. Then install the program. All >files will be installed to the empty FS2002 folder. At this >point you simply rename both folders, then >investigate/transfer files from your new installation to the >proper FS2002 folder. >>I used 1. to install the 757 >I used 2. to install Captain Sim727. >I also used 2. to install the PSS airbus including all >liveries..then backed up the entire folder into a zip file. >That way, I dont have to download the whole thing every time >I re-format my computer, or re-install FS. >>Hope this helps you. >>Lagaz.

I don't know how often these are used, but I know there are also exe files that perform like a normal exe when click, but can also be opened with winzip and then used as a normal zipfile. We used such an install program for our scenery (and no, I am not talking about a self-extracting zipfile, but about a normal install program :)).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I too am having problems with Lonny's panel. I have done both an auto install and (previously) a manual install.The initial problem - zdfdirsoff.gauSo, removed that. Still a problem, now withzmfdship.gau.Stopped at that point as, personally, happy to remove 1 gauge to make a panel work - but never more.I will try to email Lonny now.Curious how the panel works with some people and not others.Shame, because I think I'm going to like this panel!!!If I get a response from Lonny I will update you here.

Check for lp757u11.zip over at FlightSim.com. Just saw that update today. It changes out those two offending gauges. On the other hand, I've had success with the 767PIC panel and Mike Stone's gMax 757. :-wave Steve

Go to Lonnies' homepage - address is listed in the docs. There you will find a small update file. This is easier than trying to get into Flightsim.com ( the number you have dialled is busy - busy - busy - busy!! )Barry