Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Anybody using Lonnie Paynes' 757 panel?

Hi,The file on Avsim contains the update. The file at Flightsim.com was an older file. The problems seem to be few and far between but if everyone that has a problem could post ther computer info or send it to me, I will try and see if there is a pattern. For those that have a problem I hope we can get it fixed because I think you will like the panel and for the rest.........V1Visit my website for info on the next update.Lonny

Lonny,Thanks for a great looking & functioning panel, and the note that the avsim file is the more recent one. I wondered why the update from flightsim.com wanted to replace files with older versions :-hmmm I have only had chance to have a quick look and a circuit of EGCC so please take my two comments in that context.1) When the aircraft initially loads with all the panels visible the sim icons do not appear on the main panel, I have to press SHIFT+6 to see them.2) I normally use FS at 1280x960x32 and at that resolution I find the 'value' displays, such as ALT& IAS on the glareshield, very feint.I appreciate you designed the panel at 1024x768 and maybe that would improve those displays, I will have a look tomorrow.But a thought, would it be possible/is it easy/are you interested :-) in 'thickening' those displays to make them more readable? The best way I can describe it is, at the moment they are like a normal typeface, if they used a bold typeface they would be more legible.Many thanks for a good 757 flight deck, I am sure it took a heck of a lot of hard work.Rgds

Hey Lonny, your panel is excellent! You must of put quite a bit of work into this, and it really shows. I love complicated panels, and in the world of freeware it looks like Bill's ERJ panel has a challenger. I'm pretty sure this panel is going to consume my weekend, damn you Lonny. :) Would any of the PIC users care to make a comparison to the two off first impressions?

Hello,I am glad you like the panel. I have noticed in higher resolutions that what you describe happens with certain elements. I am not aware of how to fix this without messing up the 1024x768 mode. Some of the other values are also a little off in the higher resolution (EPR, N1 text values etc.) If you will look in the 1024x768 you will see that those values show up better. The simicons are off when the panel loads. There is a toggle switch to the left of the top simicon that will turn them ON and OFF.Have Fun!!!Lonny

Hi Alex,Sorry to trash your weekend!!! It took about 6 months of work to get this far and I am not done yet! There will be a new MFD in the update that will have all the functions of the real aircraft including a moving map.:7 Fly SafeLonny

Lonny,Very nice work!!Any chance in the future that you'll make the FMC more complete and allow for route entry, LEGS page etc? Same goes for LNAV and VNAV functionality...Thanks,Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have this but it will probably be in the second update. I will keep my website updated on what is in the works.Lonny

Hi Lonny, I too am looking forward to using your panel, but unfortunately it didn't get along with my fs2002. I used the installer in the download (from Avsim), and when I select the twa 757 it loads (because my default view is spot view), but when I switched to cockpit view, it crashed fs - no error messages, just the "Do you want to send MS this error report" dialog. I will try the manual install method later today. I really would like to try your panel since the 757 is becoming my favorite craft.Dell 8200P4 2.5512 RAMGF3 Ti500Win Xp HomeSaitek Throttle and StickCH USB PedalsSimFlyers Newark - Your twa 757 was loaded at default KMIA not KEWRWeather CenterMyTrafficFSFlightMaxFSUIPC - Latest VerThanksSteve

Guest cimgrp

Hi Lonny,Just FYI having exactly the same problem as Steve, and running identical Dell system except for pentium 1.8. Have not run into this on other 3rd party panels. Will patiently wait for resolution, as your panel looks great...thx for all the hard work!

I installed the panel manually to a "fake" empty FS2002 folder I created in the C: directory. As long as the dummy file is nowhere near the real one under Microsoft Games, you're OK. Point the .exe file to this folder C:FS2002 and let her rip. The gauges, panel, sound and aircraft folders will all be in there. Manually copy and paste the gauges and sound files into their appropriate FS2002 folders, and add the panel folder to whatever aircraft you want, and you're good to go. Lonny is that you in the first Officer's seat?No problems on my 1 GHz, 640MB, GeForce II 64MB, Win98SE system, and no noticeable compromise in frame rates as compared to the 757 panel by William Schumacker that I've been using. Lonny, I absolutely love the virtual coplilot and the V-speed and flap call-outs, but some of the LED fonts are difficult to read as previously mentioned. If we could just get it to be a bit "brighter" in terms of over-all ledgibility of the gauges, I would be a devoted desciple! I'll post some screenshot comparisons of both panels in the screenshot forum over the weekend, and I'm anxious for the future update! Nice work, sir, you are an indispensible attribute to freeware.Sincerely, Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Lonny,Impressive, Excellent, Very Well Done!!!!!!!!1I took my inaugural flight from lax to sfo ... and AUTOLANDED first time ... very wonderful aircraft ... have been looking for a great 757 for a long time. So thank you very much!!! Miss LNAV and VNAV ... but I am just WAY WAY SPOILED ... 8-)I found a couple of IADG 757's ... a DHL and a Martinair on AVSIM which are compatible ... no fiddling needed.Has anyone tried the Mike Stone model yet? Have not had time to fiddle with that model yet ... it has many many liveries. The IADG liveries do not seem to be readily available on AVSIM or Flightsim, and the IADG site has many many 404's ... so.Any pointers to useable 757's would be appreciated.And to Lonny, Thanks Again!!!!!

Lonny, many thanks for a fine panel. I installed manually after directing to a fake FS2002 folder, no problems at all.NigelVancouverMy System:AMD Athlon XP 2100+ Gigabyte GA 7VAX mobo Albatron GEForce4 Ti 4200P Turbo128MB video card (31.40drv)512MB Samsung PC2100DDR RAMIBM 40GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 20GB 7200rpm hard driveCreative Sound Blaster PCI128 with latest driversCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows 98FE updatedThree case fans

Hello,You have to load the 757 from the 2D panel view. It will crash as you describe if you start in the spot view. I have not found a reason for this. Give it a shot and let me know if you have any more trouble.EnjoyLonny

Hi,Yes thats me!!! Please don't crash and hurt me!Are you running a higher resolution than 1024x768? If you run a panel in a higher resolution than it was programmed, MS sometimes doesn't expand it well. The result can be what you describe. You might try running it in 1024x768 and see what you think.Lonny

Guest juan_v

Same problem as above, but my system is a clone running Win XP prof.What I do to work around the problem is to load another aircraft and then switch to the 757 and it works fine.Juan_v