Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glaudrung

Pss and AS2004 (fsuipc)

Guest Glaudrung

Hello everybody,sometime ago I posted a problem of my A321 (and the 319,320,340 as well) diving into the ground when engaging the autopilot.By some chance I had the problem solved but when I tried the 'bus' again earlier this week, I countered the same problem.I think that this problem is caused by Fsuipc.When using AS2004, they insist on using a custom made version (3.317 to be exact)with their latest version of the program. However, this version is causing the 'bus' to dive to the ground when engaging the autopilot. I tried to replace this version of fsuipc with an older one (3.20) and the problem went away. All version after this one, including the official version 3.3 give me the same result... diving!Is there anybody who can confirm my findings or is there something else that is acting weird.I have tried everything else but to no avail.All help is welcome.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Glaudrung

Good evening John,Thanks for the reply .I have, only minutes ago, tried three flights. One with version 2.22 of fsuipc, one with version 3.30 and one with version 3.317 (as supplied by the beta version of the latest AS2004).In case of the last two, The result was as stated in my original posting, a straight dive to the ground. Only with version 2.22 I could engage the autopilot normally.There is no difference bteween the three flights except the version of Fsuipc. Same weather, same flightplan, same weight and fuel, same pilot...;).I had this problem before but, after installing the busses again (with fsuipc 3.2 I guess), the problem went away but now, with the new AS2004-versions, I encountered this problem again.The flightcontrols are calibrated properly and don't cause problems with other aircraft.I have posted this problem in other forums to(AS2004 and P. Dowson's) in the hope to get some answers.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Glaudrung

Hello again John,I'v looked up that message and tried the solution mentionned.However, the message is rather unclear whethet to chck or to uncheck the tickbox "Discon Elev Trim Axis for AP".Anyway, both options do not solve my problem.Or, when setting the trim manually it makes the bus rocket up, up and away or diving straight to earth. (always with versions of fsuipc higher than v 3.22)I have flown all busses of pss and got a lot of fun out of it in the past. Just now, the last two months, has been nothing but trouble and I really am sure of it that it has nothing to do with the aircraft itself but with the way the AP is connected.Thanks for the effort johnLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Glaudrung

Goodmorning John,A new day but the same problem persists.This is what I have done the last couple of hours truing to find out what is going on.- I uninstalled the A320-series completely and removed the empty directories in Fs9- I installed the 'Just flight' A330/340 package. I didnt check the version of fsuipc but I tried a flight out of Seattle and the autopilot worked without flaw.- I made a point of downloading the latest version of the installer for the A320 and installed a fresh copy of it.- Checking the fsuipc version, I noticed that it was version 3.2. I changed this into the latest 'custom version' to work with AS2004, by simplu deleting the old 3.2 and replacing it by the 3.317.- I checked weight and fuel to be within limits but after takeoff I, again, couldn't use the autopilot. Engaging AP resulted in a dive to the ground.- After restarting FS9 I tried again but with the same result. I tried then a new flight with the A330 and that went perfect, even with the 3.317 version of fsuipc.I have one more clue to add to the puzzle.I tried to merge your panel with a freeware A321 from it is widely known to be compatible. For some reason, this aircraft gives me the same result so I think (and I am very cautious now), I think that it is somewhere in the panel/gauge where the problem is situated.If you like, I can send you both fsuipc and panel and gauge to check...Sorry to keep bothering you but I really like those busses a lot and I would hate it to lose them.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Hi LucJust for your information I have upgraded to AS2004.5 and am currently using fsuipc ver 3.317 successfully with all PSS aircraft and other developers as well.....its the most stable i have ever had to date. Not sure how i can help you solve your problem, but if you need any setting comparisons i am willing to give you....and my check box for that elevator trim thingy is blank meaning unchecked.let me know if i can helpJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest vrandar

Luc, like John C I am using the latest AS2004 beta with FSUIPC 3.317 and having absolutley no problems. If you would like to send me your panel.cfg, air file and aircraft.cfg I will load it on one of my test-bed aircraft and see what happens. My email address is below.

Guest Glaudrung

Hello John,thanks for the reply.I am at my witts end here. I have tried everything but for a complete re-installation of both windows and Fs9.There is something you can check for me if you have the time.When taking off in the A320/321 I see something that is different to taking of in the 330.After configuring for take-off, I give it two notches of flapp.When taking off and reducing flaps, I noticed that in the 330, with every notch, the target speed changes to some higher/faster speed. I don't see it happening in the A320/321 and I have the feeling that the speedsetings are not followed. Even when flying to the numbers on take-off.Secondly, what trimsettings are you using on takeoff with an A320?By the way,I thought to be alone in this but I just received notification that there are others... some consolation at leastthanksLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Glaudrung

John,would you try for me this.Download the pfc-driver from the website of Pete Dowson and place the .dll in your modules folder. Even if you don't have a pfc-throttle or yoke, it doesn't matter. You can always delete it afterwards.After you installed that driver, try out the A320 for me and post your findings.ThanksLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Glaudrung

Yes john,I do have to use the pfc.dll driver for the throttle quadrant.Thing is that it worked before. Only after the upgrade to fsuipc 3.3 and higher, the problems started.I have mailed you with some more information.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Hi again LucI agree with John from PSS . i have also read that PCF.dll causes problems, so i do not want to compromise my working setup.....but as far as Trim settings on the A320, to be honest I have never needed to adjust them as I think that on the airbus they are auto set., but i will set up a test flight for you and try the flap reduction speed for you as i never realy worry about them...after take off i try and follow the flight director for vertical speed until either i change to autopilot or i reduce the throttle notch to thrust climb when asked..(whichever comes first)..either way i just reduce the flaps when they come up on the PFD.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Callmecapt

Just a stab in the dark here, and you've probably addressed this already, but what altitude have you set the airbus at on take off. I once forgot to set the altitude and I dove into the ground after hitting the autopilot.

Guest Glaudrung

True,This could have been the cause but we have narrowed the problem down to some strange incompatibility between fsuipc 3.3x and higher, the pfc.dll driver and the PSS panel of the A320-series.thanks for the reply though. This is one of those problems for which every idea is welcome.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.