Sign in to follow this  
Guest DavyKong

Dose the TCAS on Airbus Pro and A330/340 works ?

Guest DavyKong

Dear All , Can anyone tell me is these aircraft TCAS works like PMDG 737NG ? Display traffic on the screen ? Thank you !!Best Regards.Davy

Guest DavyKong

I've try to use the PSS A320v for test the TCAS online today , but seems not work . One traffic beside me (On the ground) , but it doesn't display on my screen !!?? My screen shown "TA only" , is that setting correct ? Am I need to do something to start the TCAS .Please Help , Thanks a lot !

Guest yarvelling

Whillst agreeing 'yes' that the TCAS does work, it seems a little erratic! On any flight that I've taken, it will almost be as though it's switching on and off!! I'll see several aircraft on the screen sometimes; all within say 10 miles and are thus visible through the windows, yet one may suddenly vanish from the display screen, even though I can still it outside the aircraft! Other instances have been where maybe I'll see an aircraft come into view ahead of me, on a similar altitude, and it just isn't on the TCAS display!The only TCAS system so far that I have found to work consistantly, is that created by Eric Marciano....both his F16 TCAS guage and the system he employs in his A320 guage.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.