Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Spyware problems

Hi all,I recently downloaded Tracon from free-game-downloads.free-wishes.com They host abandonware games. It prompted me to use a downloader to avoid "file theft". Upon using this downloader I saw a Dos box flash as if something was being installed and I thought here comes trouble. Sure enough, I am now being deluged with Pop-up ads and banners from valuead.com and other Czech companies. The banner ads are placed all over the web pages.I run Ad-Aware and Spybot but I still cant find what was placed in my PC to cause this. I run XP Pro.Please can anyone help me??????????SimonEdited for spelling

Guest Calb

This utility allows you to look at your registry, your start-up progs, etc -- I use it all the time to get rid of stuff left behind when I uninstall somethingIt's called jv16 power tools available at: http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/programs/jv16pt_setup.exeAnother recommended prog for this sort of thing is Spybot Search & Destroy (filename: spybotsd11.exe). Sorry, I can't give you a URL, I don't recall where I got it but I think Tucows or one of those probably have it.>>>EDIT ooooops! I see you've tried Spybot..... AdAware is defunct -- they are no longer updating it. I understand they're rewriting it.Calhover long and prosper

Cal - The new AdAware 6.0 was released a couple of days ago and it's super. See this page for download links:http://lavasoft3.element5.com/support/download/Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

:-hmmm Only version 5.83 is available, it won't let me download 6.0, as it says it's only available in February.:-hmmm