Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

PSS330-200 Sudden A-Floors message enroute with stable speed....

Guest Skywalker

Every second flight I am experiencing a sudden A-Floor situation enroute without any external influence. The IAS on the PFD jumps to 40kts, however, I can tell that the displayed IAS does not reflect the actual speed at all. If I disconnect and connect ATHR a couple of times the PFD shows the correct speed as before. I completely reinstalled the busses from the scratch, but the error persists. Where does it come from and how can I get rid of this?Thank you very much!Sam

Guest ronh98

I too have suddenly started to have troubleI use 330-300A floor has recently become a problemOn a recent A Floor caras I reloaded the plane and it would not fly and it would only return to normal after shutting down FS and restarting it.On recent flight there was a complete computer lock upwhen I was landing. Complete "Blue Screen" and total lockup - So much for Windows XP Looks like the old Microsoft Blue Screen of Death is backI have also had some new sound IssuesHave you recently installed ActivX 9cand orHave you recentlly installed Windows Service Pack 2I am very suspicious that this is where the problem isI do not think the problem is with PSS but rather with FS9It sure would be great to know how all of these variouspieces of software interact with one another (Windows, FS9, ActiveX, FSUIPC, Pss and of course the sound and video drivers).Anyway I will be experimenting to try and track it down.

Guest Skywalker

In fact, I am quite certain that problem somewhere sits in PSS' FDE's as it never occures with Bob Scott's revised files. Your blue screen issue will probably be solved if you deinstall SP2 and simply do an new WinXP update. This way missing registry files and/or missing links get solved. It would not do any harm or have any negative influence to FS9 nor to any other programs. Rgds, Sam

Regarding A-floor accompanied by 40 KIAS airspeed indication, I would strongly suspect a wx add-on has thrown you some severe (level 5) icing, which will drop the indicated airspeed to 0 independent of the actual speed of the airplane. The latest beta revision of ActiveSky plus FSUIPC 3.317 seems to have cured the sudden bouts of icing here. Make sure you have the random icing parameters in FSUIPC set to prevent severe icing. Once the airspeed drops to 0, the PSS panel is doing what it's supposed to with an airspeed indication below Vs for that weight and config.Regarding lock-ups and BSOD problems after installing DX 9c and/or Win XP SP2, what I think is happening is you have driver compatibility problems with one or both. When I installed Direct-X 9.0C, nVidia's then-current drivers for the FX5600 proved to be incompatible with the new Direct-X...they didn't have the new ones out yet and worse, once Directx-9C is installed it can't be uninstalled. Version 61.77 of the nVidia drivers came along less than a week later and solved the problems I was having. Then when I installed SP2, it installed older drivers than I was using before, causing me a whole weekend of a** pain. Updating to latest video and sound drivers and reconfiguring WinXP services to what I had before SP2 was installed finally got me back up again.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Skywalker

Thanks a lot for your very detailed explanation, Bob! I downloaded ActiveSky's latest Beta Version and the latest FSUIPC. It did cure my problem! No more afloor's while enroute. I learn from your SP2 experience that installing SP2 is not recommended. Though, I am running DirectX 9c and Nvidia 61.77 without a problem, but hesitating to get SP2. I heard of some friends that they've spent similar weekends you did. Regards, Sam

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.