Sign in to follow this  
jetlover1118

PSS A3xx Take off trim/Cargo Doors

Can someone tell me how do you set the elivator trim for takeoff on the Airbus planes?Also I still can't get those darn cargo doors to open. I've tried all of the keyboard combinations suggested in this forum and I can only get the exit doors to open, although the cargo doors show to be open on the system display.

Guest RampRat

the Cargo doors on the A3XX don't ( from what i have reed and tryed myself) open. They will still show as being open but aren't and will not. The doors howver do open on the Dash and the 330.

Guest Phoenix_7

sometimes the shift+E command will not work with addon aircrafttry thisstart FSselect options, controls, assignmentslook for the assignmentselect exitclick change assignmententer D or key of your choice, do not use shift+click okback in FS now pressing D will open the main doorspress and hold D then press 2 and release D should open the cargo doorsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

hi jetlover1118!What John (PSS support) said about the cargo doors setting works perfectly. I have my cargo doors working.But at the other hand, I would like to hear some explaination about your first question... how elevator trim is set for t/o or for 250 KIAS.edrosario

Guest vrandar

To set trim for takeoff in FS9 you will usually need a setting of -1.8UP or -2.0UP which ensures that you can hold V2+10 successfully. To set this press the F/CTL button which will bring up the flight control screen on the lower ECAM. Then (at least on my microsoft keyboard) press End several times until you get -2.0UP which is shown in the middle of the screen. Pressing the Home key takes it down again.NB. If you are using the iFDG/PSS merge with the A319 or A321 you will not need to set trim as this has been taken care of in the flight dynamics.

Good elevator trim settings are (no matter of aircraft weight, runway length, flap setting, temperature, wet or dry surface, QNH etc. there are):A319......UP 1.0A320......UP 1.0A321......UP 3.0A332/3....UP 4.0A342/3....UP 4.0Wolfgang

Guest vrandar

Why do you say these are good figures and what are they based on? For the pure PSS A319 and A320 I would disagree with your figures which are too low in my experience. The A321, A330 and A340 figures seem slightly high to me.

Hi Rob,I was on vacation for the last week, thus the long time no reply.I use TPC (Take Off performance Calculator), which is a very usefull little utility, designed by Roland Wukovits, who flies the A330/A340 for Austrian Airlines in real live. You can download TPC herewww.members.aon.at/rmwukoThe t/o trim settings I have posted are the ones, which are claculated by TPC. So far these settings worked perfectly fine for me (although TPC allways calculates one and the same trim setting for a specific Airbus type, no matter of the given parameters).I must admit, that I mostly fly the A330, but, as said, the few times I flew the A319/320/321 the settings worked. I do not have the PSS A340 though, and therefor cannot judge the A340 trim settings.Wolfgang

Guest vrandar

Yes I have it but don't use it as the figures it gives for flex also seem out to me. But I'll have another look at it as I hadn't looked at what it did with trim, and I'll give your trim settings a go to see the effect for me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.