Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr_Smoke

A330 : predicted LW increasing during flight

Guest Mr_Smoke

Hello all,I'm a newly registered Bus driver :) I've searched the forums for a similar post but couldn't find any, so please accept my apologies if this question has been asked already ;)I did a KBOS-LFPG in the A332 with GE engines. ZFW was about 341'700lbs, with 103'800 lbs of fuel. As I was monitoring the FUEL PRED pages, everything looked OK. However, INIT page 2 had bizarre readings for LW and EXTRA.After digging at the manuals a bit, I think I found the reason why. It says that EXTRA = TOW - (TRIP + RTE RSV + ALTN + ...). The problem is that TRIP decreases as the flight goes on, making EXTRA actually increase.Besides, LW seems to be calculated on the same grounds, so I was amazed to see my projected LW *INCREASE* as I was burning up fuel. At some point, the LW was even higher than my GW of the time !I have noticed the same problem twice, and I just want to assure you that I entered the initial ZFW and BLOCK fuel with extra care to make sure I was not the cause of the "bug" ;)I also got a couple of screenshots, in case they're considered useful.I do not know if the same problem exists with the A320 series as Ihaven't tested them yet, but I'll keep you posted if it does.Thanks for the great birds anyways :)All the best,Romain Rivierehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88093.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88094.jpg

Guest Mr_Smoke

Hello there,I've been able to confirm this bug on the A320 series as well. Any word from you PSS guys on this ? I've sent you an email about it too but never got an answer. Hello ?Cheers,

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.