Sign in to follow this  
Guest suncanadian

Is this normal pitch? (screenshot)

Guest suncanadian

I was browsing through the forum and came across some posts regarding high pitch on approaches. I was just wondering, are the attitudes depicted in the shots normal?Equipement: Air Canada A320ZFW: 42606kgFuel: 15%Winds: Calm1s.jpg2s.jpg3s.jpg

Guest suncanadian

Okay, I was browsing again and came across a post about changing lift scalar to 1.42 in the aircraft.cfg I am not sure which one of these results is most realistic - ?The first three screenshots in my first post were before I made change to lift scalar. The following three shots were taken after altering the lift scalar settings.1as.jpg1bs.jpg1cs.jpgAlso, during cruise I am showing a <3.5 >5 degree pitch ..is this normal? I know it depends on weight, winds, etc.

Guest vrandar

Yes that looks quite normal - the middle picture in particular has you bang on the profile. But make sure you have the following settings in the flaps.0 section of your aircraft.cfgfor the A319 and A320 there should be an entry as follows:lift_scalar=1.42for the A321 it should be:lift_scalar=0.926unless you are using the iFDG/PSS merge when these settings are not necessary.

Guest suncanadian

That's quite interesting, what you said about the IFDG/PSS merge because I am using it! But the lift_scalar setting for the IFDG was set to 0.85! Are you saying the first batch of pictures (1st post) are normal or the second batch (2nd post)?Do you recommend settings for the A319?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.