Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

Flaps 1 or 1+F... how should it be?

I am not sure, if my flap positions are operating correctly. On the ground when checking my controls they do following positions:1-F, 2, 3, downWhen I retract them again they go from position 2 to 1-F instead of 1. Is this correct? I'm not sure if this behaviour occurs only on ground.Any explanation is very appreciated!!Sam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes it occurs on the ground only as you haven't yet reached the climb phase of the flight.

Hi Sam,this is normal and the way it works in the real a/c too.When on the ground, if you select Flap position 1 the a/c will go intoa semi-automatic take-off mode. It will extend slats to their first position and flaps between up and position 2.Once airborne and as the speed reaches approx 200Kts, the a/c will automatically retract the flaps (only) and leave the slats out at position 1. It's then the pilots job to retract the slats as appropriate.When on the air (on appr), if you select Flaps position 1 it will only extend the slats to their first position. Flaps 2 etc will start also extending the flaps.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Sign in to follow this