Sign in to follow this  
Guest MAH763

A340 course selector

Guest MAH763

Hi, I need some clarification about the possible course selection in the Airbus 340. Is it possible to dial in any course to fly, without using the FMC? I mean if I just want to do a practice circle, handflying the aircraft. I cold not change the OBS in any way. Is it possible?Thank you for help...Las

Guest vrandar

No, you have to fly completely manually or in selected mode using a combination of speed, heading and altitude on the FCU, or in managed mode where the altitudes, speeds and headings are taken from the F-PLAN page in the MCDU and the other onboard computers.

if you pull the hdg knob i am sure you can entre the heading manually and it will follow that instaed of the entered flightplan, to return to the logged/entered flightplan push the knob in. the same with speed altitude climb, pull (right clcik mouse when over knob) to do it yourself, push (right mouse click) to return control to computer.

Guest vrandar

That's what I said: pulling the knob is selected mode, pushing is managed mode.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.