Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

A330/340 MCDU Flightplan... FS2k4

Hi PSS,I begg you to help me ASAP even today, please!I installed the A330 and A340 in FS9 (FS2k4) and as well downloaded and installed the updates from your WebSite.Now, I loaded the A330-200 in FS9 cold and dark.I had befor a PMDG B737NG and at the start screen of FS9 I loaded the PSS A330-200. Now, all displays where dark AND staid dark after I opend the power at the overhead panel. Battery and ground power are ONLine but displays are keeping being dark.I HAD to swap to a default cessna and than back to the A330-200. Now the Displays are working as they should.NEXT problem is, I cannot import any FS9 flightplans with the MCDU. There is just the message that there is no flightplan. Well, guess what---- I made up one with FSNav for FS9 and exported the plan to the right directory. Why is there a problem????

Guest Phoenix_7

you must have a default MS aircraft set as your default flight or you will have problems, this has nothing to do with our paneldefault FS2004 plans are saved in the folderc:documents and settingsusernamemy documentsflight simulator filesJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Ho John,ah, about where they are saved... What if my System root directory is not C: but D: ????My Flightplan path of FS9 is this:D:Dokumente und EinstellungenFS200xEigene DateienFlight Simulator-DateienAnd still your MCDU cannot find any flightplans. I have NO problems with FS9 default flightplaner to find them but your MCDU.I guess it is a bug of your MCDU programming about when someone has a none english OS Windows XP Pro and it is not at C: but somewhere else...So, I cannot save a flight at my destination / arrival airport where I landed and endet with a PMDG B737NG and later open this saved situation and just change the aircraft to your PSS A330-200 or alike, because FS9 and your gauges cannot handle anything what doesnt start with a default cessna at KSEA???Is that ONLY a MS bug or as well a PSS bug??? I had none problem changing aircrafts within FS2k2 to your A32x - all displays did work.

Guest Phoenix_7

the flightplan path bug is on the listas PMDG737 is not a default aircraft, saving that flight then switching to the A330/340 will cause problemsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hey John,I guess wildly that you had none not english Windows version user among your beta-tester team. Otherwise you would have found this problem earlier within the beta-phase.Do you know of any problems with none english Windows version with differences in the kommata / decimalpoint country setting?Sorry not having that described better. English is not my native language.

Guest oemm1

When can we expect an update or upgrade for non english installations?Or does any other solution exist?Thank you!

Guest oemm1

Thank you John,might it help, to store the *.flp files under a certain path?And if, how exactly should the path be named? Any special attributes?Thanks!Michael

Guest oemm1

Thank you,and there I have to copy my *.pln files. Do I have to change anything else? Path, etc...And than I should find in MCDU, DATA, Import FS Plans my FS flightplans and can import them?That

well, that works only as long someone didnt installed his/her windows XP on a different partition and so gets another drive letter.You seem not to have a inbuild routine to check out where realy windows is installed and so where the user profile of windows and there under wich user pfile FS9 is installed.

Guest oemm1

Torben,well, it does not work.Did you find out, where the MCDU receives the path of the files?My FS:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Then I found a file called a330_uni.ini. Here I found some paths:%DESKTOP%=C:Dokumente und EinstellungenMichael MairDesktop%DESKTOPNT%=C:Dokumente und EinstellungenAll UsersDesktop%APPLICATIONDATA%=C:Dokumente und EinstellungenMichael MairAnwendungsdaten%STARTMENU%=C:Dokumente und EinstellungenMichael MairStartmen

Guest Skywalker

I have the solution for this issue as I am using a german based fs9 as well. PSS stores all flightplans in the english root by default, but that's only have the issue. If you are generating flightplans with FSNAV PSS still won't recognize. Also, I am not sure if all addon software would accept a "D:" root instead of "C:". Nevertheless, the workaround is as follows:Make sure, FSNAV and PSS have the same AIRACS.You NEED to create to paths:D:Dokumente und Einstellungen"Dein Name"Eigene DateienFlight Simulator-DateienandD:Dokumente und Einstellungen"Dein Name"Eigene DateienFlight Simulator FilesBest, if you send both links to your desktop for easier handling afterwards.After creating a plan with FSNAV store the plan in your german root directory, where also your german based FS9 would store its default plans. The open the FSNAV plan (*.pln) with your default FS9 flightplanner and IMMEDIATELY overwrite it by simply saving it again. You don't leave the planner for that. This plan will stay unchanged with all legs. This process is very crucial! Next step: open the german flightplan directory with your desktop icon and copy that overwritten flightplan to the english directory. Now, PSS' MCDU will recognize your plan perfectly. This might sound complicated in the beginning, but you'll get very used to it.Regards, Sam

Guest oemm1

Thank you very much, this was a detailed information and works properly!Best regards!MM1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.