Sign in to follow this  
Guest maltedietsch2

A330 / A340: Course Selector, Heading

Guest maltedietsch2

Hi,I have two questions:1) Is there a way to change the course for a VOR and *not* to use the FMC? I just want to intercept a certain radial. While intercepting i want to be able to change the course easyily so I can see when I'm coming closer to the desired course. It's quite easy in Boeing aircraft, using the course selector knob. Isn't there such a thing in the airbus? It's quite hard to re-enter new courses in the FMC again and again. It makes manual flying harder.2) On the ND, where do I find the current heading as a number? I don't want to read it from the rose, I want the exact heading.Thanks in advance!MalteEDDH

Guest vrandar

1) No there isn't the equivalent in the Airbus. On a rw Airbus it is possible to track inbound radials but this has hot been modelled on the PSS version.2) You can't I'm afraid (although I'm happy to be proved wrong). You have to look at the heading at the top part of the ND shown on the Arc setting.

Guest maltedietsch2

Well actually the course selector problem isn't too bad because using the VOR needle on the ND, it's quite easy to track the VOR manually.Thanks anyway!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.