Sign in to follow this  
BAW277

FMGC-crashes

Dear all,i know that this topic was mentioned a few times, but meanwhile i am running out of ideas what i can do to get my airbusses back in business. What happens is the following.Scenario 1) Creating a flight from a default situation, programming the FMGC and at some variable point the FMGC causes not only FS) but my whole system to a rebooting crash as if the OS is wiped totally away while doing an insertion in the FMGC or editing an item,Scenario 2) Creating a new default flight, starting from that one...crash.Scenario 3) Reinstalled the whole flightsim...crash.those crashes also happen with the FMC of the dash 8 although i gave that only a short reassuring test.System is as follows:AMD 1800XP1 Gig RAM40 Gig samsung HDWinXP Pro SP1 The most strange thing is, that this never happened before and i did not change a vital part of the system nor my installation of FS9.Any ideas are highly appreciated.Best regardsHolger

I think it's bad AIRAC data plus poor error trap logic in the MCDU gauge.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest speight

I have been having many system blue screen crashes, re-start crashes and crash to desks. The culprit it seems may well be the fs9 and/or the fs9-1 no cd crack. I put the original fs9.exe back and use disc 4 - all is much improved now.

Guest dangerousleito

Hi all:I have been experiencing the same issues you had, while using the FMC, clicking on the autobrake button and even using the buttons to choose aircraft,etc. This last one is weird, since I discovered that I could avoid the crash using the TAB key to move and ENTER to choose... :SAnyway, I just updated the FS9 with the patch and got the new NO CD Patch...and it seems that now I can use the FMC without rebooting!!.Heres the deal..route KORD IOW J10 LBF KDEN. Before the update when I tried to enter J10/LBF in the FMC, I received the crash, now I tried it and it worked!!. I havent made a whole flight yet, but this is good news.Will keep you posted.Regards,Leo

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.