Sign in to follow this  
Guest flying

Localizer Problems

Guest flying

Hi everybody!!! I'm hoping that some of you guys and gals could help me out. I just purchased the PSS Airbus Pro. Everything seems to be working well except for 1 major problem. My localizer won't come alive. My RAD NAV frequencies are set correctly to the proper ILS frequencies of the runway in question but, the localizer deviation and the glideslope deviation don't work. The only thing that works correctly is that the ILS course is set to the proper heading but, like I said, no deviation or glideslope. ILS is selected on my ND on my EFIS and my ILS button has been selected but, no localizer. It doesn't matter if I tune the ILS frequency manually or if I select it in the Arrival page in the MCDU. Also, I noticed that the localizer identifier doesn't show up on the Navigation Display. Am I doing something wrong??? What would you suggest??? Thanks in advance for any insight that you can pass my way!

Hi,I had this problem too. It is related to a MSFS bug that affects the batteries or something and you loose all your nav data identifiers. You'll notice that you also have no identifiers displayed for other radio nav aids and the DME's will not display on the ND either.Read the sticky post at the top of the forum about "Default Flight Setup". This fixed the problem for me.Greg

Guest flying

It's bad enough that Airbus calls me a "RETARD-RETARD-RETARD" but now I'm starting to call myself a "RETARD-RETARD-RETARD" too!!! Yep, my problem was solved by reviewing the Support Forum info on setting my default flight. I guess I should have read that post before asking my question. Thanks for pointing out that post to me. I was so eager to get up and running that I looked for a quick fix by posting my inquiry in the forum. But, hey it worked!!! Thanks again for your help!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.