Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyLux

A320 - 250 kts below 10000ft

Guest FlyLux

hi to allIm facing a problem in that the aircraft are not obeying the rule of 250kts below 10000ft when hitting the AP after t/o the aircraft just keeps on accelerating to a speed of about 298 kts. Is there anywhere on the MCDU where you can enter a restriction not constraint to waypoint I mean but the general restriction of speed below 10000ft?Thanksflylux

Guest vrandar

Click on the LSK to the right of one of the waypoints/fixes below FL100 and see what it says at LSK2L (CLB SPD LIM). If it says 00/00000 then enter 250/FL100 and press LSK2L. This will enter the speed constraint and you only need to do this once for this flight.One thing to note is that you will always need to enter it manually if you import flight plans from FSBuild2.

Guest FlyLux

Will check on this point of constraint which if i am understanding well is a pseudo point right? Also for sure something is happening because I am starting to experience this since I got fsbuild 2.1 a couple of weeks ago and importing flight plans directly to the mcdu - so there is no way around this then ie if I import the Fplans I have to manually create the point then?Thanks againflylux

Guest vrandar

Our posts must have crossed. Yes, importing from FSBuild2 does require manual entry of the 250/FL100 constraint every time as FSBuild2 never exports this.

Guest Flint_10

Rob,I have a similar problem.In the past I have used your EGPF-EGLL flight tutorial without any problems. (Trying to get some experience before logging my first flight on Vatsim and then applying for membership on BA Virtual).However, I recently fitted a new mother board and processor to my PC and re-installed PSS Airbus Pro. Since then I have had a problem with mouse flicker (since resolved with the PSS patch), but I still cannot get the aircraft to behave properly since the new installation.The problem is that although the IA speed seems to be initially controlled by the Auto Pilot up to 250knts during takeoff and climb, upon reaching FL5500 ft the speed then starts to increase up to 400kts and beyond. I have gone over the programming of the MCDU numerous times to see if I was doing something different to that described in the tutorial but I am now running out out of ideas.For the record I have checked :-1) The speed constraint below 10000 ft by clicking on one of the MCDU right LSK's for FL below 10000 ft and they are "250/FL100" as suggested previously in the support forum.2) The fuel quantity and payload as per your instructions in the tutorial.3) Re-installed PSS Airbus Pro.4) Re-installed the latest version of FSUIPC.I recall reading somewhere in the forum reference to battery voltage levels related to some other problems, could this be the cause? Is there something else that needs considering? Please help, I'm never going to qualify for BAV membership at this rate ! And flying the default aircraft is getting a bit boring.Regards,Alan

Guest vrandar

OK Alan, yu've done all the right things (even following my very old EGPF-EGLL tutorial for FS2002!)but it still doesn't work properly. So I'll give this some thought this evening and get back to you.Meanwhile, get that application for BAV in; there are no tests, wonderful software to go with it and I think you'll find it's a very professional and friendly VA. We can sort out any problems like this through our own forums as well here on the PSS forum.

Guest Flint_10

Bob,Thanks for that.For the record I have even tried using IDFG A320 aliased with the PSS panel - but still the same overspeed problem.Once this is sorted I will get my first VA flight logged. Looking forward to joining you at BVA.Alan

Guest vrandar

I assume you are making sure you are in managed speed, in other words you have pushed (left clicked) the speed knob on the FCU.

Guest Flint_10

I think I did this but I will confirm...Cheers,Alan

Guest Flint_10

Rob,Yes I have set the speed knob to managed mode (left click). The speed seems to be controlled upto FL5200 ft then starts to climb thereafter. I have tried to alter it by right clicking - to selected mode but to no avail. For the record I am operating in FS9 with Windows XP and SP2, are there any known problems with this setup? Alan

Guest Andy Dyson

As mentioned above, FSBuild will not export the psuedo waypoints (or maybe the PSS panel won't read / create them). This is when you create a RTE file from FSBuild.A workaround is to export it from FSBuild in FS200X format and import it into the MCDU by going to DATA > IMPORT FS RTE.Cheers,Andy

Guest Flint_10

Andy,Thanks for your response.I have loaded the FPLN into the FCU by hand but still get the problem, (I have avoided using FSBuild to try to eliminate the problems associated with importing).What I can't understand is that I have used the PSS A320 without any problems before I re-installed everything onto the drive. I wonder if I have actually got the same version as my original from 'my files' at PSS. I have even tried re-installing Windows XP and PSS Pro but still have the problem. I wonder if Windows XP Service Pack 2 is causing this problem?Cheers,Alan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.