Sign in to follow this  
raam123

PROBLEM Climbing with the A320

A problem I have while climbing.I set cruise altitude to FL280 and speed to 250kts climb rate is 1800ft per min.The a/c cannot hold that speed over FL200 even if I reduce the climb rate to 1000fpm.It seems to heavy...the GW is 119000 Lbs which I think is not to heavy so I can climb to FL320 and on if I want...What is wrong here

Guest vrandar

For what was I think the first time ever I also had climb problems last night on a flight from Heathrow to Istanbul. Although I was quite heavy this has never caused a problem before. On this occasion for about 10 minutes or so I could not get the aircraft over FL030 while trying to climb to FL350. What I think was affecting the climb peformance was a strong tailwind. Once this shifted the climb resumed to its normal performance. I'm not saying this is necessarily the cause of your problem but I'm sure it was the cause of mine. Given the problem that tailwinds and windsifts have caused in FS9 it's perhaps not impossible that is the cause.

Guest Edwin

Hi,A few things to try:1) Reinstalling ABPro. The flight dynamics may have been wrongly tinkered with.2) The temperature outside may be too warm. Try the climb without any weather (clear all weather) just as a test to make sure that the problem is with PSS and not with the weather.Hope this helps.Edwin

Guest rds_mcleod

>Anyone pls ?Cheat! Disable A/T VNAV, reduce the climb rate to whatever is required, and push up the throttles as required. I have found the climb issue is a factor especially on the A320 and on the A330 at higher altitudes even with reduced loads. On the other hand, another retailer's 737 aircraft climbs outs at about 300K with the climb-rate/speed directly controlled through the FMS and with A/P - VNAV and LNAV doing all the work AND the math. ;-)In real life, I doubt whether any Captain can fly VNAV/LNAV without due consideration for what ATC may direct at any given time. My guess is that they use it when they can.- Ron McLeod CYEG

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.