Sign in to follow this  

LAGO mesh problem?? west austria

hi allsince reinstalling west austria mesh,ive noticed at innsbruck there are now cliffs on both sides of the airport.i've checked the scenery folder and its installed ok,could there be a problem with the flatten file for innsbruck airport??? maybe its too big and causing a problem with the mesh.when i first installed it,i'm sure the moutains sloped down to the ground...any ideas thx steve

Is this something that has happened at Innsbruck since you re-installed the mesh, or have you only just visited Innsbruck for the first time ?One of the problems here is that frequently the elevation for the default scenery is incorrect, so when mesh is installed that is at the correct elevation you can get this "sunk-in-a-hole" or "stuck-on-a-hill" effect, where FS2002 tries to join the two different scenery elements.At present there isn't much that can be done about this other that authors designing for a specific mesh set, or users disabling the mesh when actually using the airports in question. In most cases I think you'll find that simmers prefer to put up with this glich and keep the improved terrain rather than fly with the reletively poor default scenery.Alastair

Hi Steve:I recently had a similar problem with my new British Columbia mesh and Kamloops airport. I thought it was the FS2002 default flatten switch but it turned out to be P.C. Cline and H. van Wyhe's worldwide apron fix files (aprnfix9.zip). I noticed that LOWI is included in their file package too; if you have the apron fixes installed, try disabling them or move the LOWI.bgl out of the scenery subfolder. Similarly, any other add-on scenery for that area might have a flatten switch included.Cheers, Holger

thx alli have got the apron fix installed,i'll try that thx steve