Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

PSS-A320.GAU and PSS-A330.GAU errors

Guest Phoenix_7

if you are using XP you do not need to edit the FS9.cfg withpss-a330.gau=1 pss-a320.gau=1have you tried re downloading the PSS products form MY FILES and re installinghave you set your default flight as mentioned at the top of the forumJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ap9dm1

Hi John,FS9.CFG file has been returned to it's original state.Tried downloading the PSS A320 files again AND tried reinstalling the A330/340 from CD to no avail.Default flight is setup as mentioned at the top of the forum.I've already been emailing PSS support, in fact it is possibly yourself I was dealing with. I was hoping that by posting my problem in here somebody might be in a position to throw more light on the subject.The only thing left for me to do, is upgrade to XP Professional or do a complete reinstall ... and I'm reluctant.I am baffled and bemused. Would it help if I sent a screen dump of the error?Again, thanks,Derek.

Guest Bernieh

Today I've downloaded and installed the PSS A340 package. After successful installation and aircraft selection an error message appears saying an error with the PSS-A340.gau. I am using Windows 2000 Professional with the latest directx version installed. I am also using the PSS Airbus Pro package without any problem.Do you have any suggestion for me?Thanks a lot,Bernd

Guest ap9dm1

Bernd Remove the file called MAGDEC.DLL from the scenery folder in your FS9 directory (backup first) - if it reads zero bytes in size, it causes problems. Seemed to work for me (and others).Derek.

Guest Phoenix_7

while this may solve the problem you hadit is important to notethe PSS install does not include this file (magdec.dll)and the clean install of FS does not put this file in the scenery root folderso I would expect some other install is causing this problemJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Bernieh

thanks, no problem with the gdiplus.dll any more.great panel.best, bernd

Guest ap9dm1

John,I am aware of that - it has reappeared on my FS, I think it gets created everytime a new scenery compilation is performed.It's possible Ultimate Traffic may introduce it (I've to do some testing here), either way - that file is the culprit!You should investigate why it affects the gauges all the same - it could be easy to resolve within the product and save you guys more hassle from us punters.Derek.

Guest ap9dm1

A chairde,I know people have had problems with this before, but there doesn't seem to be a clear concise method to resolving this. I've just purchased a new PC and migrated most of my FS9 kit to same - spec as follows:Athlon 64 3400 (was Athlon 1400)ATI Radeon 9800 256MB (was GeForce Ti200)1 Gig RAM (was 512MB)XP Home SP1 (was XP Professional SP1)DirectX 9.0cFS software includes Ultimate Airlines, PMDG, Active Camera, registered FSUPIC, and of course both PSS's A320 and A330/340 packages. All the above ran successfully on the old setup. However, after performing a new FS9 installation including the above kit, I now get CTD with both PSS products while attempting to input flight plans into the MCDU. On the rare occasions when I CAN input a flight plan, at some stage into the flight the NAV goes bananas - has a mind of it's own!OK so, it's normal and almost expected to encounter glitches and snags which I quite enjoy battling, and 99% ther is a viable and real solution out there .... except here!This is what I've tried so far:1) removal and resinstall PSS A320 and A330/3402) removal and resinstall FS93) copy and migrate FS9 directory structure and files from old PC paying particular attention to FS9.CFG, ..MODULES, ..PSS, and ..GAUGES directories4) removal and install Directx 9.0b5) download and install various versions of NAVDATA, verified .DAT files and locations6) removal and resintall FSUIPC7) FS9.CFG edit -> [oldmodules] pss-a330.gau=1 pss-a320.gau=18) download and installed MFC71.dll, MFCVCR71.dll, MFCVCP71.dll9) download and installed gdiplus_dnld.exe (GDI_PLUS.dll) + patch10) Installed "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 redistributable Package"11) prayed ....Fair play to PSS support, I've informed them and although they've not proposed any solutions, they have replied promptly to say they are investigating. But at this moment in time ... I am lost (short of performing a new XP installation WHICH I WANT TO AVOID at all costs!).My suspiscions have changed radically as I tried and tested various options, but I given the issue is with both the PSS-A320.GAU and PSS-A330.GAU gauges, and they work on an XP professional system but not the new XP Home system - I have an itch deep down in my socks that it's a DLL or file reference problem I can't scratch.So, where is that one wizard who can provide a spark of wisdom based on his/her knowledge and experience which will salvage my situation ?Slan,Delboy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.