Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

2 Probelems A340

Hi just to say i like the A330 and A340 but am finding it very difficult to taxi and take off. The nose wheel will not turn when I depress the usual keys on the keypad.Also on taking off (even when I have reduced the weight to less than MTOW) I cannot get off the ground; when I try pitching up the plane remains firmly on the ground.Suspect a problem with the keypad settings but mystified as they work with every other plane.Thanks

Guest Phoenix_7

you cannot fly with just a keyboardyou must have some type of joystick or flight controlsthis is mentioned in the specs on the product sales pageJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest MarcoAviator

A workaround for the takeoff problem is to use trim.You need to trim the plane for takeoff because for some reason the plane is trimmed so much nose down that you'll never get off the runway. I usually trim about a degree up an the plane comes off the ground without too much trouble.But as another poster said, you can't really fly well without a joystick at the very least. Hope this helps get you off the ground! :)

Guest merchant

>A workaround for the takeoff problem is to use trim.>>You need to trim the plane for takeoff because for some reason>the plane is trimmed so much nose down that you'll never get>off the runway. >>I usually trim about a degree up an the plane comes off the>ground without too much trouble.>>But as another poster said, you can't really fly well without>a joystick at the very least. >>Hope this helps get you off the ground! :)Where is the trim indicated located?Thxs

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,The trim indicator is on the ECAM. Press the flight controls button tosee the page.

Guest merchant

>Hi there,>>The trim indicator is on the ECAM. Press the flight controls>button to>see the page.>>Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.