Sign in to follow this  
Guest koomeister

PSS ILS quibbles - FS2004 or me?

Guest koomeister

Hi chaps,I've been having some ILS problems recently. One example is with the PSS Airbus. The model I was flying was the 340, and I was quite nicely on line with the runway about 10 miles out. Everything was in order, I do know how to make an ILS approach So anyway, when I got to about 1 mile of the runway, I guess there must have been a crosswind or something, because the plane wasn't centered. The problem is, if I use a right rudder (I don't have pedals, I use the keyboard) the plane is ABSOLUTELY DETERMINED to use it's ailerons to turn the other way, carrying th plane even further from the centre line. Am I doing something wrong here? This happens with any sort of crosswind...I have tried ticking and unticking Autorudder in the Realism settings to no avail.Have also tried doing it with NO WIND AT ALL. Same thing happens. Is it something to do with PSS/FS2004/Me?I did an ILS with the CaptainSim 727 afterwards just to test, and it went perfectly...Any thoughts?Thanks.Tom

Guest vrandar

It is certainly better to have autorudder unchecked to help control with crosswind landings. I think using the keyboard is the problem. The PSS is just not designed for it,; you need a joystick, even a cheap one like I have, with twist grip for rudder control.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.