Sign in to follow this  
Guest howmanymoreaccounts

Default Flight Setup - Cold and Dark?

I have followed the instructions for the Default Flight Setup, and it has got my Airbus working perfectly.However, it has overrided my previous default flight of course, which was a Cold and Dark cockpit startup for all aircraft. So now, my other aircraft (PMDG 737, FeelThere Embraer with Bill Grabowski's panel, and Eurowings 146) all startup with the engines started. Is there any way of solving this problem? If not, I guess I will just have to shut everything down each time I fly, and as for the 737, load the Cold and Dark PMDG flight first. However, I would be grateful for any advice on how to solve this problem the desired way.ThanksJonathan

Guest Phoenix_7

the default flight is what is shown on the create a flight menuyou can save other flights and select them under 'select a flight'John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi JonathanI had exactly the same problem as you and here is how i solved it. However this is against what PSS recommend so please do not blame me if anything goes pear shaped. The flight I save is. My favorite airport with the default Cessna 172 SP Skyhawk but with mixture lever pushed all the way in (the red one) Avionics swith ON....The 2 red Master switches OFF...and the key in the off position. ...Then make sure your PSS plane is in cold and dark selected in the panel configuration....The when you choose any plane from the drop down menu when you start, all planes will be cold and dark......so you can then go through the start up sequence of any plane....it works for me....hope it works for you..John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest flyinggriffin

The PMDG 737 works best like that also. Becareful though that you don't flick off the avionics master by mistake. I set up a keystroke combination for the avionics master for just this occurance.Bob K.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks very much.Jonathan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.