Sign in to follow this  
Guest ricksca

A330-200 strange behaviour

I was on a EHAM to LEMD route on cruise at FL340 when the speed begun to lower... I checked the outside view and I noticed that the acft was pitching up but maintaining the altitude. The speed went down to a level where it was impossible to avoid stalling... There wasn't any strange weather or strong headwind, so wath happened? I'm using last Bob Scott cfg files.Any explanation?ThxRick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Two possibilities, bot weather-related.First, if your wx add-on sets get a very high OAT at high altitude, the engines suddenly can't produce enough thrust to maintain level flight. Airplane will slow, AFCS raises pitch to maintain altitude until it hits A-Floor.Also, if you get into some "phantom" icing (ice in clear wx) it'll load up the jet with ice and do the same...usually more gradual in onset, though.If you're using ActiveSky, I strongly recommend you go get the latest beta from hifi.com...they and Pete Dowson have had some real breakthroughs in external wx in last couple weeks.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Sign in to follow this