Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

Couple of basic questions i cannot find the answer to

I have been flying the a340 for some time now in fs and it is very nice, however there are 2 problems/questions1) I am using the fmc for a flight. When i click on 'rad/nav' on MCDU it is blank which means i cannot activate LOC or APP. I have correct freq on NAV 1 and NAV 2. The whole rad/nav page just has the text but nothing else. I will post a screenshot later2) Any way to extend tha RAT and remove RAT open from main panel. OR does this happen on the real AC?Thanks

Guest bjornhall

Hi,1) Not quite sure I understand your question correctly, but have you switched on standby nav tuning on the RMP? If so, switch it off, as it needs to be off for the RAD/NAV page to function.2) In the real world, once deployed, the RAT can only be stowed by maintenance action on the ground.Hope that answers the questions ...Best,/Bj

Guest bjornhall

Hi,Sorry I missed that, the email reply notification didn't work for some reason ... RMP stands for Radio Management Panel (the thing on the pedestal on either side of the throttles).Best,/Bj

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.