Sign in to follow this  
Guest almoto

A340 save

I'm having a bit of an issue here,I'm flying the A340-300 from narita to vancouver and i saved it, well when i come back the enines are running but i have no pfd,nd,or ecams displays and my a/p is disengaged helpwilliam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As you have discovered, unlike with default MS aircraft you can't save a flight with a PSS aircraft. Well OK you can but it's very awkward. Firstly you will need Pete Dowson's 'Autosave' module, available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html This saves your current position and aircraft state, including fuel state and position, every minute. It will NOT save the MCDU data, you will have to reload/program that. It saves 10 positions covering the most recent 10 minutes, although if I recall correctly the save frequency is user configurable. To use this to save a flight note your next waypoint name, then just close Flight Simulator. When you want to re-start the flight. Boot up flight simulator, go to the 'select a flight' option, and load the most recent AUTOsave position (they are timed and dated). This puts the aircraft exactly in the position it was before you closed FS. Now pause FS. If you are using a default aircraft you could carry on from here, but in the PSS you will have to load the flightplan into the MCDU, enter the ZFW and block fuel. Check how much fuel you have left in the tanks, that will be your block fuel. Align the IRS. When you have finished with the MCDU, you will have think of your engines. If you have the airbus set to start with a cold and dark cockpit, then you are going to have to be quick, because to start the engines you will probably have to unpause flight simulator. To start the engines you are going to need power and air. So go into a shallow dive (glide) to keep up the airspeed, batteries on, switch on the APU bleed, start the APU, turn on the master start switch, and then switch on all engines at the same time. Once they are running try to stabilise the aircraft with throttle or autothrottle and/or the autopilot. Once the aircraft is stable, pause the simulator again. Go to the flightplan page of the MCDU click the DIR button and select the waypoint in the list that you were flying to before you originally closed FS. This will tell the aircraft to fly directly to the next waypoint, then continue with the route.(thanks to Graham Laing for this)

Sign in to follow this