Sign in to follow this  
Guest koomeister

Can Someone Teach Me About....

Guest koomeister

Flying STARS in my PSS A320? I've got SIDs sorted, they're nice and easy! Anyway, here's the problem.I'm cruising or have begun descending and ATC gives me the runway I'm gonna land at. I wang this into the MCDU and choose a STAR that looks nice. I have my plane descend so that by the end of the STAR, it's at a good altitude.Anyway, I was flying a STAR at Frankfurt, and was at 4000ft (which is good). I saw on the NAV thingy that I was approaching the end of the STAR and waited to see what would happen. What happened was that the plane just turned straight towards the threshold of the runway without descending or lining up for approach. What's the crack? Is it something I should be pressing/doing to do with the MCDU or not when approaching the end of the STAR?Thanks in advance for any answers.

Have you flown the tutorials that are available for download from the PSS site? If not I would start there and see how it goes.RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As said, read the manual and do the tutorial until you can dream it.You're missing several vitally important steps here, and I'm not going to tell you what they are as they're very clearly described in the tutorial and manual.

Regardless of which aircraft you fly PSS, 767PIC, etc. if you fly the STAR using the FMC there will come a point where you reach the last waypoing of the STAR and then the FMC will fly the plane to the threshold since that is how you have programed the FMC. If you are flying with ATC you should be given vectors for the approach at or before the last waypoint. As suggested above the tutorials will help.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.