Sign in to follow this  
Guest ezergailis

A 340 TCAS switch

Guest ezergailis

On A340 transponder panel there is a TCAS mode 3-pos. switch:- STBY (standby)- TA (?)- ... (unreadable, ?)Tutorial flight manuals recommend to switch it from STBY to TA when start moving. What then? What is TA and ...?I am afraid the switch is not documented properly. Maybe I am wrong.Please help,Victor(not a RL pilot)

Guest Phoenix_7

the PSS TCAS is very basicthe switch has 3 settingsstby - TA - TARATA - is traffic advisoryTARA - is traffic and resolution advisoryaudible warnings and RA is not modelledthe limit for displayed traffic is 40nmand 2700 verticalmore info can be found in the manual on pg 22John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ezergailis

Thank you John,>>TA - is traffic advisory>TARA - is traffic and resolution advisory>That is just what I asked about. Practically this means:- use TA mode to see trafic around me in the flight;- STBY otherwise.>... more info can be found in the manual on pg 22Unfortunately this manual page explains symbols on ND only, TCAS modes are not described in the manual at all.Thank you again,Victor

Guest Filip

hi John,is there a KEY_... available I could check via the panel SDK of Microsoft so I can check the state of this switch ?any info much appreciated!Filip

Why won't you ask Lee for making the TCAS real like PMDG did.They have great TCAS.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.