Sign in to follow this  
Guest captmans

Airbus 320 pro series

Guest captmans

I have a problem with all my apprs with the small busesthe airplane is alwalys in a high pitch angle descending when flying an appr. I fly the a319 for us air and the airplane does not act that way. I there any help on this matter.ThanksCaptain Tom BrodmanATP

Guest gkrangers

You fly the real one...what more do you want? ;)It has something to do with the flaps.There is a fix for it, but I'm not sure what it is. It involves changing a value called the flaps_scalar in the aircraft.cfg I think.You can try searching for it, or someone will probably post it.

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,It's called lift_scalar and is in the flaps.0 section.lift_scalar=1.4 is used by many out here. There are a bit diverseopinion on exact decimal values and model, but with 1.4 you are nevergoing to be far of.

Guest vrandar

Yes Niels is right. In the flpas.0 section of the aircraft.cfg you should have one of the following entries depending on the type:A319/A320: lift_scalar=1.42A321: lift_scalar= 0.926A330: lift_scalar=0.65A340: lift_scalar=0.8

Guest bjornhall

>Yes Niels is right. In the flpas.0 section of the>aircraft.cfg you should have one of the following entries>depending on the type:>>A319/A320: lift_scalar=1.42>A321: lift_scalar= 0.926>A330: lift_scalar=0.65>A340: lift_scalar=0.8Doesn't that screw up the stall speeds? As for the A330 and A340's, you can use lift_scalar=1.0 without problems, as long as you use real-life approach speeds rather than the stuff the PSS MCDU provides you with. The VLS given by the MCDU is some 15 knots too high in the A330, and about 8 knots or so high in the A340, depending on weight. Best,/Bj

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.