Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gilly

Landing lights.

Guest Gilly

Dear PSSWhy on all Airbus releases the landing lights ar only working when the landing gear is down. In the real world many checklist tell; "landing lights below FL100/10.000feet." Also when I was a 319 last month the landing lights where on when the gear was up at lower alt.regards.--------------------GillyNetherlands

I noticed that as well. I see A300, A310, and A320's coming over my house to KMEM all the time w/ Landing lights shining bright.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest Gilly

Hmmm, oke I understand that. :(--------------------GillyNetherlands

Your thread from 2002 didn't answer the question John. Are the landing lights on the Airbus only on the nose gear because there's no visisble lights to flip on when decending through 10,000 ft. I would guess there's something in the wings that isn't modeled on the PSS Airbus.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

Guest Phoenix_7

the original linked message was by Graham, owner of PSS and model creatorit appears to me from reading his messagethe Airbus has part of the landing lights on the nose wheelas FS2002 did not allow for the nose wheel light to be turned off independently from the wing lightthe decision was made to have the lights turn off when the gear was raisedJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Ahhh That's what I missed. The wing lights and nose lights are linked. So that's why they can't be on. The gear light would be shining through the roof as the article said.Thanks John...

Bob Donovan - KBOS

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.