Sign in to follow this  
Guest gotairbus

A340's BATT on but screens blank, A320 engine cuts on flap extension

Guest gotairbus

First off, let me take the time off to thank you guys for such wonderful addons, although there's soom room for improvement.I have two problems:Problem [1]: A340 Pro ---------------When I load FS2004, the aircraft, and clicked FLY NOW, the aircraft is fine but when I followed the PSS A340 manuals on "Start from Cold and Dark" procedures, the screens (i.e.: display units) are blank. Not even anything appeared on-screen. The switches worked fine though.Problem [2]: A320 Pro ----------------When I started the A320 Pro, everything worked out fine from "Cold and Dark" to taxi. However, upon dropping the flaps to [3] to prepare for take-off, the engines shut off and then (with the engine switch at START) tries to start itself up only to the point where combustion cannot take place until I retract the flaps.Any help on this.Here the timeline that includes my problems faced:- Installed A320 Pro- Tried A320 pro default aircraft, no problems encountered (no [2] engine-flap problem aforementioned or anything)- Installed A340 Pro- Tried A340 default aircraft, started the aircraft from "cold-and-dark" but the only thing that is not turned on are the display screens.- Tried A320 Pro panel with one of iFDG's A319 aircrafts. Problem [2] encounteredAny help?(gotAirbus?)

Guest Phoenix_7

make sure your default startup flight is one of the default MS aircraftsave the flight with the engines running, avionics onclick make this the default flightthat should solve alot of problemswe do not offer support for problems encountered when merging with other productsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest gotairbus

Ok, do I start using the PSS Panel Configuration Editors to make the aircrafts start at "cold and dark" as specified by your PSS manuals, then go run FS and save the flight with the engines running and avionics on??

Guest Phoenix_7

here is what I dostart FSgo to the 'create a flight' screenselect the default BARONselect Airport of choiceclick FLY NOWmake sure you are in 2D panel view, engines running, avionics onclick file, save flightenter 'default' as the titleclick make this my default flightclick okexit FSstart the PSS panelconfigselect 'start with Cold and Dark Cockpit'click okstart FSat the 'create a flight' screen you will see the Baronselect the PSS AirbusAirport of choiceFLY NOWthen try going thru the start procedureJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.