Sign in to follow this  
bob34

Banking Right on Localizer Capture - A320

I seem to have the same problem doing an instrument landing in the A320.Everything in the MCDU and panel is set correct.Let's say I'm landing ILS runway 22.I'm on heading 190 at 1900 feet. All frequencies and headings are set.I press the APPR key.Localizer intercept begins but the needle slips past and the plane keeps banking right.It has got to be a sequence problem on my part, but I can't quite figure it out.Any help or an example of a typical sequence would be appreciated. I follwed the approach tutuorial as well and frankly - no offense to anyone at PSS - but the manuals just aren't getting me there (or I'm not looking hard enough...I'll admit).Any help would be great. Thanks,BobKMEM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you load the PSS panel while FS has its internal Nav/GPS selector set to GPS, instead of intercepting the localizer the PSS panel will commence a turn to hdg 360 when ILS capture begins. Could be a right turn or a left turn depending on how you're intercepting. And depending on how you have FS set up to start, you could have that FS internal setting included in your last.FLT that loads every time you fire up FS.The cure is to always...religiously...start by loading a default flight that includes a default aircraft with the avionics on and the Nav/GPS switch (if it has one) selected to Nav. Best way is to create such a flight and make it the default that FS loads whenever it starts up.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

That's exactly what it was. It was turning me mag north.I set the "5 key" on my keyboard to toggle GPS/NAV and that did the trick. I may try to add a GPS/NAV red/green light on the panel somewhere to tell me the state of the switch beforehand.Thanks again for your help.Bob

Sign in to follow this