Sign in to follow this  
Guest stianbh

APU fault?

Guest stianbh

Every time I turn on the batteries, (which is the first thing I do) to the A319/320/321, I get these faults:http://home.online.no/~sjanha/bilder/fault.jpgNo matter what I do, it still keeps happening. I'm using a registered FSUIPC, version 3.04. I have never used the aircraft before, I'm a newbie :)Please help!

Guest stianbh

I can't use APU Master or APU Start when the batteries aren't on. And I do not have AVAIL on APU Start either.I might as well add that I'm using FS2004, and that the first time this happened was when I first tried to start the engines. I followed this checklist:Batteries ONFuel pumps ONAPU Master ONAPU Start ONAPU Bleed ONProgram FMC(Shift-4)Engine Mode (SEL) to ING/STARTRight Engine Master Switch (Nothing happens)Left Engine Master Switch (Nothing happens)Then I check he upper panel, and that's when I see the faults above.:(

Guest Phoenix_7

make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC.dll in the modules folderalsomake sure your default flight (the one that shows at create a flight screen), is one of the default aircraft, saved with engines running, avionics onJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Since there is no power source, nor bleed source (the APU is OFF), I'm under the impression that the warnings are correct.As far as I know, GEN1/2 Fault should be iluminated when the engines are not running. If they do indicate fault after engine start-up, then you do have to worry!The Pack 1/2 fault is again because the engines are not running and also, the APU is not running to provide the required bleed.Once the APU is started and providing bleed, the fault light should go away.The GEN1/2 fault light should go out once the engines have been started.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these warnings are correct according to the situation.Fly safe,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest vrandar

I hope yu will forgive one comment about the order you have given which seems to me to be slightly wrong. The order I use is:- Batteries ON- Fuel Pumps ON- make sure EXT PWR is showing AVAIL in green on the overhead panel- APU Bleed ON- APU Master ON - make sure on lower ECAM that it shows FLAP OPEN(at this point the fault indicators will be on in the overhead panel. As George says above, this is because the engines are not on yet)- APU Start ONwatch the APU screen on the lower ECAM until you have stabilised N% and EGT temp. AT this point AVAIL in green will appear at the top centre of the lower ECAM APU screen and the APU Start button on the overhead will also change to show AVAIL in green. APU BLEED and APU AVAIL (as well as PARK BRK) will also appear in green at the lower right of the upper ECAM.- Lower ECAM screen will then change to DOOR/OXY- (on pedestal) Mode to IGN/START- Engine 2 ONpack 1 and 2 fault warnings and Gen 2 warning will go out- (Once Engine 2 is stabilised) Engine 1 ON- (Once Engine 1 is stabilised) on pedestal: Mode to NORMWhen engines are running all fault lights should go out.

Guest jetBlueMech

If I May,I dont know how the simulator is coded, but in the real A319/20/21 the engine generator fault lights will remain illuminated when the engines are off, because the IDGs arent spinning, therefore there is no AC current being generated. The same situation applies to the packs when the bleed air is off. Basically, the packs arent running, so they fault. Airbus' philosiphy of the "lights-out" panel does reign true even when the aircraft is on the ground with power off, as the only fault lights you would have on are those four, assuming that you are in normal configuration with ADIRS aligned. Hope this helps.Allan

Guest stianbh

Yahoo! Thanks Rob, your procedure worked. :D The tutorial I followed was clearly badly written ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.