Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

A320 family turning into a rocket on touchdown.

Guest fullflapsplease

HelloI am having a very strange problem on touchdown with this model, as I put the main gear on the ground the aircraft rotates again unprovoked to almost 90 deg. up. This ends up with the thing going into A-FLOOR and, if I can't get the nose back down, it lands on its' backside either nearly at the end of the runway or off it?Any known fix please?1, It hapens weather in flap CFG. 3 or full.2, I have been descending with the ILS and retarded well before touchdown in managed speed.3, I am not over flaring on touchdown at all.Could manually stting trim for the take off roll have anything to do with it.Cheers.Mark.status.php?id=879255;indicator=BAV01

Guest fullflapsplease

Has the PSS team got any clues to this please?Talking to fellow simmers it's not just me who experiences this problem.Should I not manually set the trim prior to take off, can that have an affect on the landing trim?Anyone please, this is really annoying after a flawless 5 hour flight to end it all like that and ver embarassing when on-line too :|

Guest vrandar

The trim you set prior to takeoff will not be the cause of this. Have to say I have no idea what is causing it though.

It appears that you are getting into a runaway trim situation. The position of the slab in your picture looks like full nose-up trim.Are you disconnecting the A/P immediately before touchdown...or hand-flying the approach...or doing an autoland?I would select and undock the flight controls page on the lower ECAM and watch the trim throughout the landing phase. Could be you have a button sticking, or some other cause of runaway trim. It'd be useful to know at what point the trim starts moving. What sort of joystick are you using? How are your button assignments done?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest fullflapsplease

Ok, I disconnect the A/P at 4 DME and hand fly the approach from there on in.I am using a MS Force feed back II, and I do not use any buttons other than trigger for brake.Mark.

How are you disconnecting the A/P?Bob

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

HI MarkTurn off the F/D aswell when you hand fly the APP.RegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest zip

Are you using AS2004? If so, there's a problem with some A/C and trim due to the "wake effect" if when turned on, and you have (or had) traffic in front of you, which can cause A/P and trim to go haywire on approach/landing.

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi,sorry for my apparent ignorance but, I've been playing with FDE's and panel merges ;)Anyway, thanks for your replies.How does disconnecting the F/D help?I am using ActiveSky in FS2002 not FS2004.I disconnect the autopilot using the AP1 & AP2 buttons on the glareshield.Cheers.mark.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.