Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Correct Flap and trim settings, and V speeds for A320 takeoffs

I would like to know if there is a table or something that might tell me which are the correct trim and flap settings for takeoffs at different weights, rwy lenghts, temp, pressure and so on. Furthermore I've noticed that usually I get the same V speeds after left clicking on the FMGC Line select keys. I've also noticed that these speeds do not change if I select a different flap setting, as they would in a Boeing 777. I'm aware that in the true A320s there are tables devised for such ends and that the FMGC does not calculate and suggest v speeds for the given settings. One more thing: the correct flap retraction schedule is the one displayed on the takeoff page in the FMGC? thanks for your help. Cheers Victor

Guest vrandar

If you go to www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.html you will find a vspeeds chart for the A320 family for config 1+F and config 3. There are also other docs you might find useful.

Oh boy I can't thank you enough! I''ve been looking for those for quite a while. Now that you got me started... would you by any chance know where can I find a A320 family SOP? hehe. thnaks for everything. Cheers, Victor

That was a very useful post. But does someone have this same information for the A319?

Guest vrandar

The vSpeed chart applies equally to the A319 and A321 as it is based on takeoff weight.

Guest bgahan

Is it true that V1 and Vr are the same speeds upon takeoff? I thought I saw once in a real world flight that being the case. Thanks for clarifying.BrianKPHX

Guest vrandar

No, they can be but many/most times they are not.

They can be and in smaller aircraft often will be close together.But they can also be quite far apart, especially if the aircraft is heavy and has relatively weak brakes.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.