Sign in to follow this  
Guest LondonIce

Tutorial Troubles

Guest LondonIce

Greetings All, I recently purchased the A340Pro and have been having a blast thus far. In order to practice proper procedures however, I decided to attempt the KMIA/KJFK tutorial flight. After getting the flight plan keyed in and requesting taxi clearance, I notice that the ATC only seems to want to give me runways 8 or 9R, as opposed to the 27R designated in the tutorial instructions. Perhaps there is a way to reliably get clearance for this runway? I assume that this has something to do with the prevailing winds, but I'm fairly sure I've selected "Clear Skies" prior to starting the flight...Also, I notice that by following the tutorial instructions the flight is VFR...Is there any way to convert to IFR before leaving the ground?Sorry for all of the questions! I'm about as novice as they come=) Thanks so much for any help you can provide!Best Regards,Brendan

Guest ezergailis

I am afraid there is a more general problem.FsNav and PSS make possible to use detailed SID/STAR procedures. Both FsNav and PSS MCDU easily allow to "export" them to FS9. Unfortunately ATC in FS9 every time send me some 50nm away from flight plan imported. This causes me a problem of choice: - on the one hand, I would like to fly SID/STAR as real as possible (that ATC does not permit);- on the other, flying FS9 ATC is a pleasure itself. Without ATC FS9 looses a lot.What is the solution? Should I wait for FS10?Victor EzergailisRiga, Latvia

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.